Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top Tight Ends of the Pac-10/12 Era

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2023

It’s been a busy morning.

I know you just eat nachos all day but you must really not have a job. Respek.
    Not many teen bois to stock at 4am so the professional stocker must turn his attention elsewhere at that hour.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    ASJ is a stats guy. He was definitely good yet I can't remember him doing much in big games at big moments. These lists are prone to overrating guys like that. In defense, I think Gronk barely played like 1.5 seasons at Arizona healthy.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,368 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hunter Bryant felt like the Joe Tryon of TEs. Was hyped up and pretty good but I just didn't like them that much
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    ASJ was no Kavario☝️
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Canadawg said:

Hunter Bryant felt like the Joe Tryon of TEs. Was hyped up and pretty good but I just didn't like them that much

Hunter would be playing on Sundays if his knees were not so fucked up.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

ASJ is a stats guy. He was definitely good yet I can't remember him doing much in big games at big moments. These lists are prone to overrating guys like that. In defense, I think Gronk barely played like 1.5 seasons at Arizona healthy.

I get the ASJ hate I think. I think it's a little over the top too. He didn't seem to be a hard worker and had discipline issues off the field. OTOH he was pretty damn good as a receiver and blocker. There were games where running behind him was the only way Sark could consistently move the ball.

As far as showing up in big games goes, I question whether he ever played in one.
    ASJ was good. I'd crawl through a sewer line to get him on last year and this year's teams. A healthy Bryant might have been even better. Odd to say given he's only been off the team for a few years but he is a player who feels like he's built for the current game.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

Thanks, Thanker-of-Taft!

A twisted cry for help?

chuck said:

I get the ASJ hate I think. I think it's a little over the top too. He didn't seem to be a hard worker and had discipline issues off the field. OTOH he was pretty damn good as a receiver and blocker. There were games where running behind him was the only way Sark could consistently move the ball.

As far as showing up in big games goes, I question whether he ever played in one.
    ASJ was good. I'd crawl through a sewer line to get him on last year and this year's teams. A healthy Bryant might have been even better. Odd to say given he's only been off the team for a few years but he is a player who feels like he's built for the current game.
    Bryant's hands were low key unreliable.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Yeah I seem to remember them looking like glue a few times and like bricks a few times.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    No Kevario Middleton?!
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Yeah I seem to remember them looking like glue a few times and like bricks a few times.
    Yep precisely
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    Really thought this was gonna be a different kind of thread … maybe even wam worthy.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

I remember yelling when he dropped the 3rd down conversion @stanford which led to the Kevin smith trapped non catch in sarks "True Emotions on the Field" bowl on the farm. Thanks for making me remember.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Thanks, Thanker-of-Taft!

A twisted cry for help?
    More or less twisted than Damones last 81 attempts to come back?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    chuck said:

It’s kind of ridiculous to say he didn’t play well in big games. He was really good. It’s too bad he didn’t work as hard as he could, likely because he’s an alcoholic.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,986
    edited October 2023
    This guy. You're welcome DWAGS!

#blackhillsleagueTUFF

@RaceBannon @dflea
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I'm surprised Kavario Middleton didn't make the list.