Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just watched episode 1 of Tulsa King

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
The early scenes of Stallone punching out the mouthy capo and pot shop security guard were kind of ridiculous. But other than that I really enjoyed it. Stallone is a great actor (not at the level of IU, but great nonetheless). I look forward to the rest of the series.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The early scenes of Stallone punching out the mouthy capo and pot shop security guard were kind of ridiculous. But other than that I really enjoyed it. Stallone is a great actor (not at the level of IU, but great nonetheless). I look forward to the rest of the series.

Haven’t watched this but agree that Stallone is a great actor. He catches a lot of shit for his bad movies of which there are many.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched it and you should too
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Everything Taylor Sheridan is a part of these days turns out pretty well. Over the top in some cases but addicting nonetheless. Looking forward to the Bass Reeves series.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Everything Taylor Sheridan is a part of these days turns out pretty well. Over the top in some cases but addicting nonetheless. Looking forward to the Bass Reeves series.

The Paramount app exists because of him. 1883 was the weakest but I still watched

Mayor of Kingstown is good too
  • Options
    Founders Club

• Options
    Founders Club

A modern day Aaron Spelling
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A modern day Aaron Spelling
    For real

From mostly unemployed character actor to Hollywood titan

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,991

In general agree except that Yellowstone has gone way downhill the last 2 seasons.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

In general agree except that Yellowstone has gone way downhill the last 2 seasons.
    It's also moving to NBC over air. Put a fork in it
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    Founders Club

Black US Marshall from the late 1800’s, supposedly the chinspiration for the Lone Ranger.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I'm through episode 5. Shit is getting intense
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Paramount app exists because of him. 1883 was the weakest but I still watched

Mayor of Kingstown is good too
    I binged watched all of mayor of Kingstown and two seasons of Mayans while I was laid out with the VID. Took me a couple weeks to figure out why I wanted to kill myself that week. Some dark/depressing shit but awesome none the less.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Just finished final episode (#9) of Tulsa King. For such a tremendous show the finale was fucking retarded and a real letdown. The way things were resolved was half-assed, like they were in a big hurry to wrap things up. Plus a ridiculous flashback scene going back 26 years where everyone looks the same as they do in 2023. Horrible. And a key woman character gets shot in the chest and then you see her the next day in the hospital and she looks fine. Beyond ridiculous.

I still recommend the show because episodes 1-8 are really engrossing with interesting characters. But man oh man, what a letdown.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just finished final episode (#9) of Tulsa King. For such a tremendous show the finale was fucking retarded and a real letdown. The way things were resolved was half-assed, like they were in a big hurry to wrap things up. Plus a ridiculous flashback scene going back 26 years where everyone looks the same as they do in 2023. Horrible. And a key woman character gets shot in the chest and then you see her the next day in the hospital and she looks fine. Beyond ridiculous.

I still recommend the show because episodes 1-8 are really engrossing with interesting characters. But man oh man, what a letdown.

Tulsa, OK has a solid level II Trauma Center. According to the National Medical Library, about 90% of patients with penetrating thoracic injuries die before reaching the hospital. Should the patient receive expedited operative services then there is a chance. But looking swell and cracking jokes one day later is not in the cards.
    TIP: It’s a tv show. Credulity is not required.