Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rich, Cool, and 5-0.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What the fuck is "Mighty" about a little track school in southern Oregon?

Biggest "Look at ME" college in America.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Wearing 90s throwbacks against Washington is certainly something.

Those are for the WSU game.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Every team from here on out is going to be playing the Zona defense. It was fairly successful for Arizona and they don't have a good defense.

Cal, Oregon State and Texas all ran this defense to some degree last year. It slows everything UW does waaay down for sure but at the same time UW is 4-0 against it. It’s certainly not as much fun to watch but it’s not something to panic about until they start losing these games. If Oregon plays that way in two weeks the game will be 28-24 instead of 38-35. Either way the game’s going to be close.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Every team from here on out is going to be playing the Zona defense. It was fairly successful for Arizona and they don't have a good defense.

Cal, Oregon State and Texas all ran this defense to some degree last year. It slows everything UW does waaay down for sure but at the same time UW is 4-0 against it. It’s certainly not as much fun to watch but it’s not something to panic about until they start losing these games. If Oregon plays that way in two weeks the game will be 28-24 instead of 38-35. Either way the game’s going to be close.
    What I don’t get is the success rate running against it was really high. Why not force the hand of the DC?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So did UCLA and Arizona State
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I’m not even upset. We always struggle in AZ and we were bored. 7 pm game on PAC 12 Network. Bernard fumble cost us a TD. It was an easy, boring win.

Roadie right about everything

Grumble and others being Damone-lite around here

5-7 on the table
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m not even upset. We always struggle in AZ and we were bored. 7 pm game on PAC 12 Network. Bernard fumble cost us a TD. It was an easy, boring win.

This is correct. It was easy. Grub and Penix were actually almost perfect. That's why I said Grubb pisses me off but didn't elaborate. I live him when he's over aggressive and it works. Truth is they piled up 500 yards against a defense determined not to give up anything over 115 yards, on their home field. They did it by being patient and moving the chains though.

That 3 and out with 4 minutes left really bugged me. I know that's his DNA but it was stupid to get aggressive there and not even burn any clock. If the deep ball had been there at all or if the running game was shaky I could see it. Neither of those things were true though. Bad situational decision making.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132

The genius of Grubb in part relies on that he's always aggressive and willing to take downfield strikes.

If your biggest criticism is that he got way too cocky and it turned what could've been a blow out into a close game, then you're going to be fine. This team is 5-0, everyone should shut the fuck up.

Before We? Hang the banner at 5-0 I would like to present opposition win/loss totals

Boise St 2-3
    Tulsa 3-2
    Michigan State 2-3
    Cal 3-2
    Arizona 3-2

13-12 overall record
    Their records would be a little better if they hadn’t all LOST TO US.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Roadie right about everything

Grumble and others being Damone-lite around here

5-7 on the table
    Happy for you
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I looked up last years game and I forgot that Arizona put up 39 on us, ran for 150+ and the rapist threw for like 300 yards and 4 TDs
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Home jerseys you stupid fuck.
  • Options

The genius of Grubb in part relies on that he's always aggressive and willing to take downfield strikes.

If your biggest criticism is that he got way too cocky and it turned what could've been a blow out into a close game, then you're going to be fine. This team is 5-0, everyone should shut the fuck up.

Before We? Hang the banner at 5-0 I would like to present opposition win/loss totals

Boise St 2-3
    Tulsa 3-2
    Michigan State 2-3
    Cal 3-2
    Arizona 3-2

13-12 overall record
    Murderers Row?
  • Options

Boise St 2-3
    Tulsa 3-2
    Michigan State 2-3
    Cal 3-2
    Arizona 3-2

13-12 overall record

Fair. WA DAWG shouldn't hang the banner yet.

Now - do Oregon

And unlike UW, Oregon played a game they probably should have lost, to a team with a losing record

Quooks on the internet are making Texas Tech out to be the Dallas Cowboys. Tech is 2-3 and lost to Wyoming

It's a home game for UW

I like WARSHINGTON in this one, pods
    I’m trying to determine if you’re more hung up on TT or Ukraine. You’re the only one talking about both.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Home jerseys you stupid fuck.
    When is Oregon playing at home? 3+ weeks from now?

They home for their next game?

What is your point here?