Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Concerns from the desert

Penalties. 125 yards on 12 penalties. Unacceptable

OLine. Had 4 holding penalties, Fautanu got beat bad a few times, and Penix was sacked twice

D. Sloppy tackling, especially on those attempted sacks

DBs. Got beat a number of times and had to PI to prevent big plays

Good news is all of these are correctable, we got the win, and we have a bye.

Comments

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The DBs did okay. Zone’s receivers are excellent. Better than any others we’ll face all season, save for USC.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The horrible misses on would be sacks drive me nuts.

The penalties have been an mounting problem. Too much undisciplined shit overall. Which leads to

Fucking Bernard. Terrible game and effort and the fumble wasn't even surprising the way he was playing.

Grubb pisses me off. That is all.
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

The DBs did okay. Zone’s receivers are excellent. Better than any others we’ll face all season, save for USC.

Yeah, they torched Stanford.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

The penalties have been an mounting problem. Too much undisciplined shit overall. Which leads to

Fucking Bernard. Terrible game and effort and the fumble wasn't even surprising the way he was playing.

Bernard was good sans the fumble?
    The way I said it made it sound worse than reality since he made some plays and put up good numbers. I thought he looked lackadaisical with the ball in his hands several times and mumbled aloud to myself that he was going to cost us at some point. Body language. He also had a pretty bad drop.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Any bitching about Grubb is uncalled for. He’s been fantastic and is exceptional. Could we have run up the score? Probably. But game time pressure to forge what we need to execute to win down the road is more important. As is developing game film for opposing teams to review that will set you up to fuck them.

Having lived through Donovan the Caveman and Jonathan “the random play generator” Smith, Grubbs is a national treasure.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

The way I said it made it sound worse than reality since he made some plays and put up good numbers. I thought he looked lackadaisical with the ball in his hands several times and mumbled aloud to myself that he was going to cost us at some point. Body language. He also had a pretty bad drop.
    I hate to be nitpicking a 20-year old kid... But when he scored the 1-yard TD against Michigan State and then put his finger to his lips as if shush the crowd, I don't like that when you haven't done anything special. Then he coughs up the ball last night in a way that could have cost us the game. Hopefully it will help him develop some humility. But in looking at him, he has all the tools to be a big-time player in the future.
    Definite nitpicking… but accepted. Without Jalen and with the AZ D working to takeaway Rome and Jaylin, Bernard had to step up and fill the #3 role. Survey says… not ready yet. I’ve been hoping that Jalen’s injury is minor enough that he could’ve played the last two weeks, but they realized they could hold him out for a month to get him back at 100% for Oregon.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I hate to be nitpicking a 20-year old kid... But when he scored the 1-yard TD against Michigan State and then put his finger to his lips as if shush the crowd, I don't like that when you haven't done anything special. Then he coughs up the ball last night in a way that could have cost us the game. Hopefully it will help him develop some humility. But in looking at him, he has all the tools to be a big-time player in the future.
    Definite nitpicking… but accepted. Without Jalen and with the AZ D working to takeaway Rome and Jaylin, Bernard had to step up and fill the #3 role. Survey says… not ready yet. I’ve been hoping that Jalen’s injury is minor enough that he could’ve played the last two weeks, but they realized they could hold him out for a month to get him back at 100% for Oregon.
    PrayingdoogGIF
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The OL had an off-game and that made the margin for error smaller.

I hope Bigelow is back after the bye week.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

The OL had an off-game and that made the margin for error smaller.

I hope Bigelow is back after the bye week.

Me too.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We have played some weirdly mobile QBs a few times this year. BSU and Zona qb, even Tulsa

When we have faced statues we have done well
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    Standard Supporter
    The doogness in me hopes we just haven't busted out our best pass-rush scheme, knowing our offense will be able to win games with a conservative defense. Not going to get my hopes up for that, but also I don't foresee us playing a game where the defense plays like total shit. I think they'll always at least do okay, if not better. Which should be good enough to win the natty. Again, that's just the doogness speaking.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

chuck said:

chuck said:

He's SCORED more than he dropped.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam

We have played some weirdly mobile QBs a few times this year. BSU and Zona qb, even Tulsa

Cool. Good thing neither USC nor Oregon have mobile QBs.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

Cool. Good thing neither USC nor Oregon have mobile QBs.
    He said weirdly mobile. Big difference.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canadawg said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Jeez

We just went through and entire era of Petersen where this board HATED the buttoned up stiffness of the team and now that we have swaggy skilled players you want to tell them to hand the ball to the ref
    HRYK