Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Richard Newton-What I’m hearing

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
I think he’s a locker room guy that everyone respects but they know he’s injured and still wants to play so he gets a little bit of run here and there but is not fit to take on a blitzing lb consistently.

He’s also not as good as the other guys.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,593 Founders Club

He was lining up closest to my seats on kickoff team at the Cal game. Seemed like he had good energy. Bruener and Fowler look hyped getting ready for kickoffs too which is awesome.

One of the negatives about the portal is there are less and less upperclassmen guys who are good dudes but won't contribute much sticking around. One hypothetical running through my head was if it would be a better experience for Taj Davis to stick around and be the #5 guy at UW then be whatever he is at Cal?

I mean the guy was the hero of the 2022 campaign. Who's to say he wouldn't have had some big plays in 2023?
    Makes me think they told him he’d be the 6th or 7th guy this year
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,346 Swaye's Wigwam

He was lining up closest to my seats on kickoff team at the Cal game. Seemed like he had good energy. Bruener and Fowler look hyped getting ready for kickoffs too which is awesome.

One of the negatives about the portal is there are less and less upperclassmen guys who are good dudes but won't contribute much sticking around. One hypothetical running through my head was if it would be a better experience for Taj Davis to stick around and be the #5 guy at UW then be whatever he is at Cal?

I mean the guy was the hero of the 2022 campaign. Who's to say he wouldn't have had some big plays in 2023?
    Forgot I think he sat out the covid year so he's still only a junior. I'm guessing either way he saw it as a chance to try and get as much tape as he possibly can in two seasons for any shot he could have at the NFL and that would be super limited at UW.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Our top 3 are likely gone. I think staying and starting next year was a real possibility.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam

Our top 3 are likely gone. I think staying and starting next year was a real possibility.
    Starting with DMo?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,462 Swaye's Wigwam

Starting with DMo?

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,649 Founders Club

Big Dick Energy?