Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dick Fain

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
Is an idiot. I know some people don't like softy but I think he plays his character well and is good at his job. Passionate about the dwags ect. and is reasonably critical given his position. I like listening to him at least for the honks.

This week Cock Fan thought that UW will know the schedule and start times of every game in the B10 as soon as they release the schedule for next year. Slack jawed doog week in and week out.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Softy is the only local media who talks UW football. I give him a pass these days.

Fain...his brother Joe is a good guy, and his Dad was always super cool when I talked to him. Dick lives in fantasyland.

Being a local market radio sport dork ain't gonna necessarily get the best talent.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Canadawg said:

Is an idiot. I know some people don't like softy but I think he plays his character well and is good at his job. Passionate about the dwags ect. and is reasonably critical given his position. I like listening to him at least for the honks.

This week Cock Fan thought that UW will know the schedule and start times of every game in the B10 as soon as they release the schedule for next year. Slack jawed doog week in and week out.

Softy defended Ty, sucked off Sark, and declared Peterman a HOF coach that would have a statue erected next to DJ (who enjoyed and WON Rosebowls)
    / thread
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Canadawg said:

Softy defended Ty, sucked off Sark, and declared Peterman a HOF coach that would have a statue erected next to DJ (who enjoyed and WON Rosebowls)
    / thread
    Motion to restart to declare Dick Fain a “low T” sort of guy who’s urine probably sounds feminine when it hits the water as he sits down to pee.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Baseman said:

Canadawg said:

/ thread
    Motion to restart to declare Dick Fain a “low T” sort of guy who’s urine probably sounds feminine when it hits the water as he sits down to pee.

I haven't listened to Dick Fain for as long as I haven't listened to Softy. I always thought Fain seemed like a good guy but a terrible broadcaster, especially when he'd go into his angry screeds.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    Thought "Cock Fan" would have got more traction tbh
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fain has an annoying voice, personality, and he's one is those 12's where the Kraken could be up 3-0 in Stanley Cup Finals and he'll still want to talk about what OL the Seahawks should take in the 7th round in 5 months. FTG.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I don't think most people made it past you blowing Softy in the first paragraph.

Timming is important.
    Sorry for the trigger everyone!
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

OK, I agree. Fain is a pain and the ultimately cringe on air. What gets me is when he's broadcasting Seattle Storm games (I flip by them when watching TV like you do, so don't twist), and he gets into his play-by-play announcer voice, complete with the gravelly yelling when one of the Storm players does something well -- like not double-dribbling.

Like fundamentally sound bounce passes, lay-ups and two-handed jump shots from the top of the key?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

TheHB said:

OK, I agree. Fain is a pain and the ultimately cringe on air. What gets me is when he's broadcasting Seattle Storm games (I flip by them when watching TV like you do, so don't twist), and he gets into his play-by-play announcer voice, complete with the gravelly yelling when one of the Storm players does something well -- like not double-dribbling.

Like fundamentally sound bounce passes, lay-ups and two-handed jump shots from the top of the key?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Shoulda gone with Dick Stain
    Canadians need more tim.