Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He has a few views that aren't party approved
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,196
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This bored practically worships thrice married/engaged narcissists.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

This bored practically worships thrice married/engaged narcissists.

Take it to tug Magatard
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    Speaking of personal

Lambo had foot in mouth disease too
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most expensive ticket of the week once again is CU, this time for little bro CSU. Gameday, Big Noon Kickoff, First Take, McAfee all doing shows in Boulder this weekend. 60 Minutes also in Boulder for their lead story. Wild shit.

Good for you guys but who gives a fuck about any of that.

You could legitimately get ass raped in Eugene and then Deion's whole schtick is just a house of cards.
  • Options
    Deion bragging about city revenues, apparently thinks no one would have attended the Nebraska game if he wasn't the coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Most expensive ticket of the week once again is CU, this time for little bro CSU. Gameday, Big Noon Kickoff, First Take, McAfee all doing shows in Boulder this weekend. 60 Minutes also in Boulder for their lead story. Wild shit.

You could legitimately get ass raped in Eugene and then Deion's whole schtick is just a house of cards.
    I'll be rootin for My Buffs when they go to Eugene
    #MeToo
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

The goalpost moving is incredible. Man if we don’t go 15-0 this year it’s total failure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The goalpost moving is incredible. Man if we don’t go 15-0 this year it’s total failure.
    The only opinion I've ever had about Colorado this year is that the way Deion runs his mouth some quiet coach like Jonathan Smith or Whittingham is going to insert the plunger in sideways and refuse to call of the dogs and Deion's whole schtick will look FS. I don't watch SEC football let alone hbcu/FCS football so I don't know or care about his actual coaching prowess. UW doesn't play them and if they drop all their games against Oregon, SC, Beavlet, and Utah then they don't matter to me.

But go on about spring attendance and how you're paying 4x more to go to games this year or whatever it is buffs are jerking off to these days.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU and Colorado are simply two mediocre teams with inept defenses.

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

As good as the rest of your analysis and takes.
    I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

I doubt I ever said that.

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

Less than 5 -7 seems like an abject failure.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
    They have 22 good to great CFB players. Do they have 50? Depth and defense are my concerns for 7-9 wins. UW gave up 40 twice last year with a decimated secondary. Colorado was fully healthy when TCU torched them for 42. EWIWBI
    Colorado has Travis Hunter. A five star, top 10 freshman CB is third string. Their secondary is better. UW’s defense last year was probably worse.

Smalls is third string. They aren’t deep but they have some talent on defense. Their offense is legit, even with a bad OL. They can get away with it in the PAC 12. I’m glad we aren’t going to Boulder this year. That game would be a dangerous shootout.
    Yeah there is plenty of high end talent there, and it's in important spots to cover up weaknesses.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Mostly agree except he didn't keep the roster from last season.
    Agreed. Which was absolutely necessary, and is further evidence he has at least a clue. As Gary Stevens once said, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit."
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Mostly agree except he didn't keep the roster from last season.
    Agreed. Which was absolutely necessary, and is further evidence he has at least a clue. As Gary Stevens once said, "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit."
    It almost as if some people think universities exist for reasons other than winning football games.

#RunTheLosersOff!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
    They have 22 good to great CFB players. Do they have 50? Depth and defense are my concerns for 7-9 wins. UW gave up 40 twice last year with a decimated secondary. Colorado was fully healthy when TCU torched them for 42. EWIWBI
    Colorado has Travis Hunter. A five star, top 10 freshman CB is third string. Their secondary is better. UW’s defense last year was probably worse.

Smalls is third string. They aren’t deep but they have some talent on defense. Their offense is legit, even with a bad OL. They can get away with it in the PAC 12. I’m glad we aren’t going to Boulder this year. That game would be a dangerous shootout.
    That’s what I said. 22 good to great players. Hunter is one of the great ones. Smalls isn’t, just like he wasn’t at UW when he had like nine tackles last year. They gave up 42 to TCU. They’ll probably give up 40 to Oregon and 40 to USC. By the time they start taking on injuries they may give up 40 to Utah, Oregon State or Wazzu. That defense is not good and the offense, which is fun to watch, runs at warp speed. You need depth on defense to counter that. If they give up less than 30ppg at years end that would be a win. You and I agree, they don’t have quite enough. 4-7 wins with all the turnover, the defense and that offensive line would be pretty damn impressive.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

The only opinion I've ever had about Colorado this year is that the way Deion runs his mouth some quiet coach like Jonathan Smith or Whittingham is going to insert the plunger in sideways and refuse to call of the dogs and Deion's whole schtick will look FS. I don't watch SEC football let alone hbcu/FCS football so I don't know or care about his actual coaching prowess. UW doesn't play them and if they drop all their games against Oregon, SC, Beavlet, and Utah then they don't matter to me.

But go on about spring attendance and how you're paying 4x more to go to games this year or whatever it is buffs are jerking off to these days.
    Other than attacking reporters, I haven't seen him running his mouth. If the term "running his mouth" is defined as disrespect to others.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Other than attacking reporters, I haven't seen him running his mouth. If the term "running his mouth" is defined as disrespect to others.
    Deion doesn’t need to run his mouth. Every talking head at ESPN and FOX does it for him. If he does talk at this point it’s a counter jab. Genius move.