Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Open Question for the UW Athletic Department

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,046
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
As a friend of mine texted me yesterday...

Why was last week's Husky Legend the largely unknown Josh Perkins for the ABC-TV broadcast vs Boise State... But this week, the well-known and tragically deceased Joe Jarzynka will be honored in a meaningless, low-profile game vs Tulsa? When you'll have a crowd of 40,000 but announce it as 66,000?

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Agree with the sentiment but I hope you texted your “fren” back and informed him husky legends get zero air time on TV so broadcast stats don’t care about feelings.

Besides. It’s looking to be 79 and perhaps 80 on Saturday. No one will see it as they are hiding in the shade looking for water.

Normally the networks wouldn’t care but I have a feeling Jarzynka would get some post death FREE PUB during his ceremony.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,046
    Founders Club

LawDawg1 said:

Agree with the sentiment but I hope you texted your “fren” back and informed him husky legends get zero air time on TV so broadcast stats don’t care about feelings.

Besides. It’s looking to be 79 and perhaps 80 on Saturday. No one will see it as they are hiding in the shade looking for water.

Normally the networks wouldn’t care but I have a feeling Jarzynka would get some post death FREE PUB during his ceremony.
    This is also something a great athletic department could arrange with ABC for a national audience. Show the on field introduction, give a few highlights of his career, the type of player he was, mention his tragic death and how fans can financially help his family. It's not that hard, a few phone calls and a little leg work. Could have been an awesome ceremony, instead its back page stuff. YoureoutJenGIF
    @theknowledge gets it
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

This is also something a great athletic department could arrange with ABC for a national audience. Show the on field introduction, give a few highlights of his career, the type of player he was, mention his tragic death and how fans can financially help his family. It's not that hard, a few phone calls and a little leg work. Could have been an awesome ceremony, instead its back page stuff. YoureoutJenGIF
    @theknowledge gets it
    @theknowledge for interim AD?
    Thanks guys. I regretfully decline as there are just too many groceries to bag. Gotta make sure all the people from the islands and Canada can get their pumpkin products, then their thanksgiving products, then their peppermint covered holiday products, then their New Years diet products, then their Valentines heart shaped products, then the corned beef and bangers for St. Patty's ...

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

@theknowledge gets it
    If Kurt Warner went from bagging groceries Z to the winning the Super Bowl, I don’t see what’s holding @theknowledge back from guiding UW to a natty.
    To pour to buy a leopard print pant suit? He needs to think long term. He, too, could be picked up by SC.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857

LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

@theknowledge gets it
    Thanks guys. I regretfully decline as there are just too many groceries to bag. Gotta make sure all the people from the islands and Canada can get their pumpkin products, then their thanksgiving products, then their peppermint covered holiday products, then their New Years diet products, then their Valentines heart shaped products, then the corned beef and bangers for St. Patty's ...

If you’re bashing corned beef and bangers, I’m out.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

@theknowledge gets it

If you’re bashing corned beef and bangers, I’m out.

I will never, ever, bash corned beef and bangers. Ever.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why was last week's Husky Legend the largely unknown Josh Perkins for the ABC-TV broadcast vs Boise State... But this week, the well-known and tragically deceased Joe Jarzynka will be honored in a meaningless, low-profile game vs Tulsa? When you'll have a crowd of 40,000 but announce it as 66,000?

Wasn’t Josh Perkins a guard on the Gonzaga team like 5 years ago? I don’t remember a Husky by that name.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

@theknowledge gets it

Thanks knowledge keep working those shelves!!
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,053
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Some kid has bone cancer. Kobe smashes into the ground in one of the richest places in the world. Tears were shed.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

Wasn’t Josh Perkins a guard on the Gonzaga team like 5 years ago? I don’t remember a Husky by that name.
    He was a WR turned TE that was good but underutilized. Looks like his NFL career might be over but he played a few years and recorded some stats.

Derek"a point is still valid. Most of these bonios here won't even remember Perkins. Probably just me and Pup.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LawDawg1 said:

I caught part of the Boston College Holy Cross game today on ESPN and they did just this for a BC Coach who played at Holy Cross.