Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the coaches

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Ryan Grubb, you're a decent OC, but let PGOS help out with some consultation.

Pass to set up the run. Pass until the other team proves they can either cover the WRs and TEs, or until they prove they can pressure Penix.

Not many teams in America are capable of doing either.

Once the other team is dropping 8 and scared shitless of the vertical passing game, THEN run the ball.

You're welcome.

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's the thing I've been most amazed about thought all this. Other than Cal/Beavs/Texas, every team doesn't think Penix and this offense can continually go over the top of them consistently enough to beat them and they have all been wrong.

I'd drop 7/8 all game and force Penix and Grubb to check down charlie and run it to beat us the whole game. If nothing else your shorten game and possessions on UW which is not KD and his offensive id MO
  • Options
    DawgInNoCalDawgInNoCal Member Posts: 50
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    No offense intended here, but don’t you think a guy making $2m a year to be an OC just might know more than you?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No offense intended here, but don’t you think a guy making $2m a year to be an OC just might know more than you?

JESUS
  • Options

JESUS
    What?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Nah, it's good to run every now and then to let the OL have fun
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

That's the thing I've been most amazed about thought all this. Other than Cal/Beavs/Texas, every team doesn't think Penix and this offense can continually go over the top of them consistently enough to beat them and they have all been wrong.

I'd drop 7/8 all game and force Penix and Grubb to check down charlie and run it to beat us the whole game. If nothing else your shorten game and possessions on UW which is not KD and his offensive id MO

It's not a Mike Leach air raid.

If you drop 8 this offense has way more than 2-3 dink and dunks on a moldy notecard to kill you with.

People forget that Cal featured horrible 3rd down drops by Talapapa that got him benched and vs Beavlet the dumbest fucking pick 6 I've ever seen made the game closer than it was.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

I'm not sure just having everyone bail out would even help opposing defences (hope they're not reading this) because Deboers is also able to get receivers open on crossers and decently enough around the LOS. He specifically talked in the off season about the offence being known now for the explosiveness but in reality it's built around efficiency that sets up the explosive plays
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Obvious troll. Even classic doogman only had a couple of D bags who made statements like that. I suppose this could be one of them, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Canadawg said:

Just lurk more. We're going to redshirt you this year. Get your reads down
    ?
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,991
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PGOS good at everything
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Canadawg said:

Just lurk more. We're going to redshirt you this year. Get your reads down
    I’m of the firm opinion @Canadawg that 6 months of lurking is a minimum and 12 moths is preferable.

Hell, I lurked for well over a year and I was a 5 Star Recruit.
    You and Smalls - at least one turned out good for us
    Smalls didn’t want to put in the work that I have. 31.5k posts in 7 yrs.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

brentsFS logical fallacy is ALWAYS special

• Options
    pawz said:

brentsFS logical fallacy is ALWAYS special

?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

It's not a Mike Leach air raid.

If you drop 8 this offense has way more than 2-3 dink and dunks on a moldy notecard to kill you with.

People forget that Cal featured horrible 3rd down drops by Talapapa that got him benched and vs Beavlet the dumbest fucking pick 6 I've ever seen made the game closer than it was.
    If Beavlet kicks the 2 fg's in Q1 they win game. If their DB doesn't drop gift wrap 85 yard pick sick down their sideline b4 half they win going away.

Had Cal had a QB who was even average in last years Pac12 (top 6 maybe even 8) that game goes to wire.

My point is if I am a DC UW will beat me if dare to make them do so over the top with big chunk plays, so I am going to make them go the field long way, use the back of endzone as another defender inside the 20 and prove they can run inside the tackles with consistency.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

Drop 7/8 all game?

Jesus 87% of the time teams drop 7