Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,320
    I’d need the old timers to chime in, but this is the best pac of my lifetim

Zombie pac is best pac
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,718 Founders Club

Zombie pac is best pac

I'm not quite an old timer but I'm getting there.

ATBS, January 1, 1985

Fiesta Bowl
    UCLA 39, Miami 37

Rose Bowl
    USC 20, Ohio State 17

Orange Bowl
    Washington 28, Oklahoma 17
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    It seems like we've seen early seasons like this before. At the end there's usually 1-2 teams left that look like they're worth a shit. LIPO.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,631
    edited September 2023
    chuck said:

It seems like we've seen early seasons like this before. At the end there's usually 1-2 teams left that look like they're worth a shit. LIPO.

This year is different. UW, usc, Oregon, Utah, and osu are all legit top 15 teams. With 3 of those being playoff caliber teams if they didn’t all beat each other up
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,643 Standard Supporter
    Colorado upgrading from being one of the worst P5 teams to at least an average P5 team makes the conference so much tuffer.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    I would say the Pete C., Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, era Pac was better. But this seems pretty close.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,631

I would say the Pete C., Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, era Pac was better. But this seems pretty close.

Pete was only there 1 year with chip at Oregon (2009). And usc was bad that year. Ended up in the emerald nuts bowl iirc
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,242 Founders Club
    2000 season, 2001 Bowls were special.

UW and OSU both in top 5, iirc

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,381 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Pete was only there 1 year with chip at Oregon (2009). And usc was bad that year. Ended up in the emerald nuts bowl iirc
    They never really lined up. Peak Harbaugh/Chip gave the conference two really good teams but the rest was utter trash.
    pawz said:

2000 season, 2001 Bowls were special.

UW and OSU both in top 5, iirc

The Northwest in 2000 was unreal. Again though, the rest of the conference that year was trash.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Zombie pac is best pac

ATBS, January 1, 1985

Fiesta Bowl
    UCLA 39, Miami 37

Rose Bowl
    USC 20, Ohio State 17

Orange Bowl

Peak "modern era" PAC IMO. PAC was supplying a disproportionate number of players to the NFL back then too. Mid to late 70's were pretty strong as well, I'd argue the coaching staffs then were the best. Bill Walsh, John McKay, Dick Vermeil, Don James, Troy Donahue ...
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,320

Zombie pac is best pac

ATBS, January 1, 1985

Fiesta Bowl
    UCLA 39, Miami 37

Rose Bowl
    USC 20, Ohio State 17

Orange Bowl
    My 3 month old ass should have remembered that NYD
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,739
    edited September 2023
    Transfer portal would have saved Pac football except for the terrible Pac CEO decisions.

Saw a lot of mediocre QB play this week around the country. Ohio St. QB actually sucks.

All B1G Qb's largely suck. The talent level in the Pac right now is the best its been in years, much of it transferred in.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    edited September 2023

Zombie pac is best pac

ATBS, January 1, 1985

Fiesta Bowl
    UCLA 39, Miami 37

Rose Bowl
    USC 20, Ohio State 17

Orange Bowl

Peak "modern era" PAC IMO. PAC was supplying a disproportionate number of players to the NFL back then too. Mid to late 70's were pretty strong as well, I'd argue the coaching staffs then were the best. Bill Walsh, John McKay, Dick Vermeil, Don James, Troy Donahue ...
    Agreed. Terry Donahue Nice man. Met at Xmas a couple of times on Balboa Island. Crazy good period for West Coast football. Don’t forget about Sochor. Jim Sochor at UC Davis was a peer of Bill Walsh in the passing game. UCD dominated DII. Developed Kenny O’Brien, Mike Moroski. Never wanted to leave Davis. Go figure.

EDIT: wasn’t PAC guy, but a highly influential west coast coach during that time.