Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer is the best coach in the B1G

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine the level of initial dooging and present-day full blown depression if we had hired either Matt Cambell or Dave Aranda

Some of us have a lifetime license to beat our chests over this. *We're? much too classy for that though.

Whatever or whomever convinced Campbell he should stay put deserves a bigger statue than Saint Hayden.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine the level of initial dooging and present-day full blown depression if we had hired either Matt Cambell or Dave Aranda

Jen Cohen is a great AD. She left it better than she found it and "navigated" UW to the B1G. Everyone says so.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    Founders Club
    edited September 2023

Once upon a Tim on a dirty, icy morning on Mt Bachelor in early April ‘22 @pawz assures me of DeBoer’s success cause winners win resume.

I get hai and I know things.

Back to back to back at any level is the tell.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/winning-tim-s-grover/1137938559?ean=9781982168889

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/relentless-tim-grover/1112409981?ean=9781476714202
  • Options
    CougarfsCougarfs Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You guys should just pay him in food. #CoachForLife
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cougarfs said:

LEAVE
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

gmo said:

Kinda unprecedented to extend a coach twice in less than a years time.

He's the best UW coach in a long, long time IMO... but not sure UW is the kind of program to do that kind of thing.

What are we talking 7M a year? Think that puts him after Riley ahead of Whittingham for 2nd in the zombie conference. Right there with Harbaugh in the new conference.

We just extended our OC twice in about a month to make him the highest payed coordinator in college football. #fatlesbofootballschool
    yes true. I was talking head coach, but this was pretty unprecedented as well.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2023
    gmo said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

He's the best UW coach in a long, long time IMO... but not sure UW is the kind of program to do that kind of thing.

What are we talking 7M a year? Think that puts him after Riley ahead of Whittingham for 2nd in the zombie conference. Right there with Harbaugh in the new conference.

We just extended our OC twice in about a month to make him the highest payed coordinator in college football. #fatlesbofootballschool
    It's not. Uw has paid staffs very high when they prove it. Woodward went out and bought sarks recruiters and defensive staff. Jimmy was one of the highest paid assistants in cfb. Also have poached a coach with a high salary before as well. It's not unprecedented at all.
  • Options
    Founders Club

gmo said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

It's not. Uw has paid staffs very high when they prove it. Woodward went out and bought sarks recruiters and defensive staff. Jimmy was one of the highest paid assistants in cfb. Also have poached a coach with a high salary before as well. It's not unprecedented at all.
    Missed my point. Never said UW hasn’t paid anyone.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    gmo said:

gmo said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

Petersen was making a lot of money and there is 0 reason we can't pay DeBoer more

You don't skimp out on paying winners when the alternative can be Jimmy Lake

FS businesses do this all the time. Proven winner asks for a raise (while already getting multiple other offers). Company says no, maybe hit 200% of your quota this year big guy. Winner bounces and company backfills with some cretin and wonders why numbers are down.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Cougarfs said:

That's what youll have to pay Dickert in once youre in the MWC
    POTD. I laffed out loud
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Cougarfs said:

POTD. I laffed out loud
    I'm hearing The Coug is cooking up some mean NIL burgers
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Cougarfs said:

POTD. I laffed out loud
    I'm hearing The Coug is cooking up some mean NIL burgers
    respect the coug? cougar cunt sucks ass tho.
  • Options
    Founders Club

gmo said:

gmo said:

Canadawg said:

gmo said:

Petersen was making a lot of money and there is 0 reason we can't pay DeBoer more

You don't skimp out on paying winners when the alternative can be Jimmy Lake

FS businesses do this all the time. Proven winner asks for a raise (while already getting multiple other offers). Company says no, maybe hit 200% of your quota this year big guy. Winner bounces and company backfills with some cretin and wonders why numbers are down.
    I agree with much of this. My point is it is very unlikely right now, especially without an AD.

Win it all or get very close, and I have faith in the Cauce to do the right thing (and who she brings on as permanent AD).