Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dillion Johnson looks really

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Dillon Johnson was seen as a big back that had good hands. He didn’t look good, but I really wasn’t expecting much. The coaches said Cam Davis was clearly #1 and it’s not like Cam Davis is a star.

They have not found a rb worth anything at uw since Ahmed and that's being generous as he was not special, but at least had some specific talents. (I happen to think he's was misused). That was 6 or 7 recruiting cycles ago. This is pathetic.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dillon Johnson was seen as a big back that had good hands. He didn’t look good, but I really wasn’t expecting much. The coaches said Cam Davis was clearly #1 and it’s not like Cam Davis is a star.

They have not found a rb worth anything at uw since Ahmed and that's being generous as he was not special, but at least had some specific talents. (I happen to think he's was misused). That was 6 or 7 recruiting cycles ago. This is pathetic.
    Why do you hate Taulupapa? He had 1112 yards from scrimmage last year (only behind Odunze and ahead of McMillian) and was 2nd for TDs, only behind Davis.

That's better than any season Ahmed ever had at UW
    I'd rather have Towelpopper but he's definitely the floor of a good RB. He did his job for Deboers offense though so I'm not sure how to balance that
  • Options

Why do you hate Taulupapa? He had 1112 yards from scrimmage last year (only behind Odunze and ahead of McMillian) and was 2nd for TDs, only behind Davis.

Because he was not good. There is a reason he is not making an nfl roster. Worthless in short yardage. Doesn't make anyone miss. He was just the best we had. Not his fault. Nothing against the guy but we should have players that are pushing for all conference at that position.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Because he was not good. There is a reason he is not making an nfl roster. Worthless in short yardage. Doesn't make anyone miss. He was just the best we had. Not his fault. Nothing against the guy but we should have players that are pushing for all conference at that position.
    He averaged 6.3 ypc and scored 11 td's on the ground.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Had amazing vision
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It's going to be pretty fucking disappointing if they end up missing on Jason Brown... to Michigan State no less.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,134
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Maybe Dillon had been dinged up and they weren’t planning to play him much right away…until Cam got hurt🤔

That being said, play Nixon until Tybo (the future?) takes over🤷‍♂️
  • Options

It's going to be pretty fucking disappointing if they end up missing on Jason Brown... to Michigan State no less.

Jason Brown is not a difference maker. If he was he would be highly recruited.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2023

Myles Gaskin was a 3-star recruit who had offers from WSU and UW.

Was he not a difference maker?

Don't want to compare the 2... but if those are the parameters.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,616
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Papa was the bare minimum for a starting FBS RB in that he could get what was blocked for him, but not create anything on his own. This year we don't even have that.
    Disagree

End of the year Papa was a badass who made Texas defenders look like they were swimming in molasses. Dude was a baller.

He had some bad games at the beginning of the year though, don't twist. I wanted him tarmaced after the UCLA game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The endless debate about who has been the best or could be productive just illustrates why I'm not worried at all. This offense will spoon-feed production for a couple of the guys we have. Papa was not a big time talent and was productive as fuck in this offense. Cam Davis was too. I think there are 4-5 guys on the roster who can match what they did.

I'd still rather have Gaskin or Sankey at UW now. Don't twist. Either of those guys would be unfair.
  • Options

He is highly rated but nobody seems to care and rightfully so. Comment was in reference to that (5 star recruit with minimal interest from anyone of note including uw). Uw went hard after rb's that are ranked way lower than him and were told no thanks. They evaluated other guys much higher and here we are.

They were always going hard after Gaskin because they wanted him regardless of ranking or interest from other schools. Just like they went hard after Tybo from the beginning.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is highly rated but nobody seems to care and rightfully so. Comment was in reference to that (5 star recruit with minimal interest from anyone of note including uw). Uw went hard after rb's that are ranked way lower than him and were told no thanks. They evaluated other guys much higher and here we are.

They were always going hard after Gaskin because they wanted him regardless of ranking or interest from other schools. Just like they went hard after Tybo from the beginning.
    I hope he gets ungrounded soon so we can see what we have in him.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They have over a month to figure it out.

End of the day Penix and his two receivers have to get it done anyways. Running game can't overcome a bunch of picks no matter what.

Taulapapa had two great games last year and no one ever gets credit for beating up on the cuog.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,010
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

early returns are alarming but i honestly can't even remember the last time our RBs started a season strong, not even during the gaskin years lol

2016 week 1: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400869097

2017 week 1: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400935250

we have god tier offensive coaches. i'll let this one play out for now. hopefully nixon or tybo or someone proves they're clearly the guy, like freshman gaskin did vs usc in 2015.

edit: lmao @ how awful those uniforms were

Is it an indictment against Pete’s offense to only gain 380 and 368 total yards against Rutgers?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

early returns are alarming but i honestly can't even remember the last time our RBs started a season strong, not even during the gaskin years lol

2016 week 1: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400869097

2017 week 1: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400935250

we have god tier offensive coaches. i'll let this one play out for now. hopefully nixon or tybo or someone proves they're clearly the guy, like freshman gaskin did vs usc in 2015.

edit: lmao @ how awful those uniforms were

Is it an indictment against Pete’s offense to only gain 380 and 368 total yards against Rutgers?