Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The last tim

theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
this UW staff faced off against Avalos and BSU they had a clear path in front of them, win out, win the MW conference. At 7-2 and ranked in the top 25 the Bulldogs faced off against a Boise team that came limping into Fresno at 4-4. With their goals right in front of them, Boners Boys were destroyed 40-14. Heaner threw three picks and the game was never competitive. Fresno would win the rest of their games to finish 10-3 but the inexplicable Boise loss cost them a spot in the MW title game. How did no one in the feckless Seattle media mention this at the press conference on Monday? Will this be motivation for the staff or has big, bad Andy Avalos still got got Boners number two years later on? We shall see on Saturday. I’ll have my popcorn ready and whatever shitty beer they sell at the stadium in hand.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

this UW staff faced off against Avalos and BSU they had a clear path in front of them, win out, win the MW conference. At 7-2 and ranked in the top 25 the Bulldogs faced off against a Boise team that came limping into Fresno at 4-4. With their goals right in front of them, Boners Boys were destroyed 40-14. Heaner threw three picks and the game was never competitive. Fresno would win the rest of their games to finish 10-3 but the inexplicable Boise loss cost them a spot in the MW title game. How did no one in the feckless Seattle media mention this at the press conference on Monday? Will this be motivation for the staff or has big, bad Andy Avalos still got got Boners number two years later on? We shall see on Saturday. I’ll have my popcorn ready and whatever shitty beer they sell at the stadium in hand.

Super
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

If I remember correctly Haener was a corpse masquerading as a qb by then. He couldn't throw and lost to Hawaii before that as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I remember correctly Haener was a corpse masquerading as a qb by then. He couldn't throw and lost to Hawaii before that as well.
    He was really good that year. Both the Boise and Hawaii losses were squarely on his shoulders though. Turnover machine. He was absolutely awful in those two games. The other game they lost was Oregon. I think he fumbled twice and threw a couple pics leading directly to Oregon scores but he was as much the reason they stayed close as he was the reason they lost so that games a push.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,379
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was really good that year. Both the Boise and Hawaii losses were squarely on his shoulders though. Turnover machine. He was absolutely awful in those two games. The other game they lost was Oregon. I think he fumbled twice and threw a couple pics leading directly to Oregon scores but he was as much the reason they stayed close as he was the reason they lost so that games a push.
    I understand that Fresno coaching staff beat Oregon last year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I understand that Fresno coaching staff beat Oregon last year.
    That was a great win but who’s talking about Oregon? This is a thread about Boise and DeBoers Andy Avalos problem.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just pointing out that this staff figured out how to beat the staff that beat the staff that beat our staff.

And Andy Avalos isn’t DeBoner’s problem.

Haener was DeBoner’s problem.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

Just pointing out that this staff figured out how to beat the staff that beat the staff that beat our staff.

Avalos was not at boise for the 40-14 triumph over our Dogs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Avalos was not at boise for the 40-14 triumph over our Dogs.
    Yes he was.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I know. I’m just being an asshole.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

I know. I’m just being an asshole.