Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

PGOS is willing to fuck around and find out because of his boyfriend Zelensky

He's not but that doesn't mean Russia isn't the enemy.

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

US advisors are already there

Arming Ukraine is an act of war

You're killing Ukrainian and Russian people with your blind support of what a bunch of lying assholes tell you to support

Advisors are everywhere. Welcome to politics.

Arming Ukraine is not an act of war. Selling Giving weapons to kill Russians is not an act of war.

The only ones killing Ukranians and Russians, are Russians.
    The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic honest.

Okay, Vlad.
    Just like the Hitler rule, the first to call you Vlad is losing the argument. Congrats.
    Vlad and Hitler have a lot in common, Vlad.
    Bump
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,874
    Propping up the most corrupt nation that constantly works against our own nation and sides with the demonrat commies/deep state is not something we need to do. At all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Putin is the biggest threat since Hitler and wants to go to the English Channel if not stopped in Ukraine why would world War 3 be ridiculous?

Have you seen what Germany looked like when Hitler lost? If he had nukes he would have used them

When you're Alabama playing Mississippi State you don't quit when you're up 34-17.

Or in this case, when you're playing for the North championship you root for Wazzu to knock Oregon off by even a field goal.

I agree that the admin is lying about the "why". I just overall see it as a net gain to neuter Russia and send a signal to Chy-na about Taiwan(to actually prevent ww3).
    Quite honestly I don't disagree with a lot of this

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

And Zelensky is a piece of shit

The bullshit about this whole thing is well, bullshit

Let them kill each other.
    Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,938
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

My opposition has always been about the bad actors in America and the globalist cabal being behind this

Agree with most of this.

What's happening in Ukraine IS horrible but so long as the Ukrainians are willing to be the ones to fight and die for their country then that's their choice.

I, and I suspect many here who aren't pinkos, would do the same for our own country(not government).

I'll be rooting for Wazzu this week. Things may change next week. Ups and downs of realpolitik.
    It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You're killing Ukrainian and Russian people with your blind support of what a bunch of lying assholes tell you to support

Arming Ukraine is not an act of war. Selling Giving weapons to kill Russians is not an act of war.

The only act of war was Russia crossing the Ukranian border last February. Christ, you are pathetic honest.

Okay, Vlad.
    Just like the Hitler rule, the first to call you Vlad is losing the argument. Congrats.
    Bump
    Im sorry, where does it say Vlad is worse?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,483
    Swaye's Wigwam

Okay, Vlad.
    Bump
    Ok H
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with most of this.

It there is a problem, it's a European problem. They don't act like it's a problem, so why are we carrying most of the freight?
    What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

World War 3 would be ridiculous because...Russia cant even hold off Ukraine let alone NATO and NATO Pacific

You guys, as well as Tucker, have jumped the Shark
    So not a threat

I was just reading how propaganda doesn’t have to be consistent

Is Paris burning? You aren't considering a guy worse than Hitler with nukes when he loses

Your boyfriend jumped the shark
    Never said he was worse than Hitler

He is a wannabe Hitler

There's a difference
    lol

Propaganda doesn't have to be consistent
    Show me where I said he was worse than Hitler

Take the L Race

Russia fucking sucks and didnt get their Special Military Operation win

You can seethe and cope all you want.

No WW3. No nukes. Just good old fashioned Soviet incompetence
    You know this is projection right? We? know the psychology of shit posters who claim their opposition is "seething." The odds are high he just got high that's how angry he is.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    RoadTrip said:

World War 3 would be ridiculous because...Russia cant even hold off Ukraine let alone NATO and NATO Pacific

You guys, as well as Tucker, have jumped the Shark
    So not a threat

I was just reading how propaganda doesn’t have to be consistent

Is Paris burning? You aren't considering a guy worse than Hitler with nukes when he loses

Your boyfriend jumped the shark
    Never said he was worse than Hitler

He is a wannabe Hitler

There's a difference
    lol

Propaganda doesn't have to be consistent
    Show me where I said he was worse than Hitler

Take the L Race

Russia fucking sucks and didnt get their Special Military Operation win

You can seethe and cope all you want.

No WW3. No nukes. Just good old fashioned Soviet incompetence
    You know this is projection right? We? know the psychology of shit posters who claim their opposition is "seething." The odds are high he just got high that's how angry he is.
    Race and I agree on most things. HTH.

I know he is not seething and coping. He's slightly irritated
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Okay, Vlad.
    Bump
    Ok H

Ftfy.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Agree with most of this.

What would you consider "acting like it's a problem" that is beyond the current response while also not dangerously escalating things towards WW3 as you so claim to be concerned about? Should France send Nukes? What exactly is the critique of the European response beyond "not enough" which you also seem to be against "dangerous escalation"? Which is it?

Please draw the middle road you are advocating for and do so in detail with specifics by country since Europe is hardly monolithic in its response.

As per raw numbers the US is the leader but as a percentage of gdp or military spending we aren't close to many other countries. I doubt you expect Luxembourg to out donate even say, Canada, despite the relative interests in security concerns.
    The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,976
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Agree with most of this.

Can victory (whatever that means) actually be achieved at the current money/arms that are being sent? Or is just slowing down Russia victory in itself? My gut on all of this says that we thought that massive sanctions combined with an initial flurry of weapons was going to be enough to quickly win and get the Russians out. Just don't see how the American people will accept new borders drawn roughly where they are at now as a victory when they've been promised more with the piles of cash and weapons sent and the need to pay $5/gas (I don't think this thing is the reason for $5 gas but it's been messaged that way).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with most of this.

The middle road I'm advocating is that we don't have a national interest in being the world's policeman and rescuing a corrupt Ukraine. Let the Euros figure it out. I don't see the UK, Germany or France on the top list below for some reason. Luxembourg clearly is pulling it's weight though.

==========
    As a share of its GDP, Poland is the biggest defense spender in NATO, budgeting 3.9 percent in 2023. The U.S. is second, spending 3.49 percent, followed by Greece at 3.01 percent, Estonia at 2.73 percent, and Lithuania at 2.54 percent. Luxembourg, at 0.72 percent, is the smallest spender, followed by Belgium at 1.13 percent, Spain at 1.26 percent, Turkey at 1.31 percent, and Slovenia at 1.35 percent.
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

And then bought new stuff from the US.

Similar situations with the Baltic states.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Ad in a long talk about prevention ism and US foreign policy in general.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Agree with most of this.

Can victory (whatever that means) actually be achieved at the current money/arms that are being sent? Or is just slowing down Russia victory in itself? My gut on all of this says that we thought that massive sanctions combined with an initial flurry of weapons was going to be enough to quickly win and get the Russians out. Just don't see how the American people will accept new borders drawn roughly where they are at now as a victory when they've been promised more with the piles of cash and weapons sent and the need to pay $5/gas (I don't think this thing is the reason for $5 gas but it's been messaged that way).
    Tldr No.

And that's by design. Both bc they don't want a decisive toss out of Russia strategically bc they want to let them continue to bleed out.

Also because war = $$$

One I agree with and one I don't but them's the breaks.

And yeah, gas is $5 bc Biden killed US energy on day 1, as he said he'd do.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,814
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Agree with most of this.

==========
    Now do percentage of that spending/gdp donated. Belgium/Netherlands basically both donated their entire air forces.

You can argue that the US should be more isolationist, and I have sympathy for that position as @RaceBannon could probably attest to but, ultimately it's hard to maintain unless you want a multipolar world with Russia and the CCP getting to call the shots.

I think you have to be the big dick and throw the big dick energy around. Teddy and Trump style. Smartly, but none the less. #rocketman #solemanishredded

Some would argue provoking RUS to invade did just that.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Agree with most of this.

==========

Russia has nukes and oil. That's it. NATO without the US can handle Russian conventional forces. Russia couldn't take Poland today. The problem is China and that's where our focus should be. The dems dirty expensive non-reliable US energy policy is a boon for both Russia and China as our energy costs have soared and we are hooked on China's metals and solar panels and wind turbines. So, we have no articulable direct interest in the Ukraine being run by corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs rather than corrupt Russian oligarchs. We do have articulable interests in a secure US border and disengaging from China. The Euros still aren't spending what we do on the military on a GDP percentage.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,976
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Agree with most of this.

Tldr No.

And that's by design. Both bc they don't want a decisive toss out of Russia strategically bc they want to let them continue to bleed out.

Also because war = $$$

One I agree with and one I don't but them's the breaks.

And yeah, gas is $5 bc Biden killed US energy on day 1, as he said he'd do.
    So nothing to do with protecting Ukraine’s people or democracy. At least you admit it.