Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

No mention of Bellevue in ESPN's Top 50 High School teams of all time

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    can we get a Top 50 Navy ship teams of the 19th/20th century?

some tuff USS Gorst skwads
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I remember dawgman posters would sometime suggest that Goncharoff become the Husky hc.

I'm sure a couple of them still would
  • Options
    Founders Club

I remember dawgman posters would sometime suggest that Goncharoff become the Husky hc.

to be fair, he would've been better than Ty or Lake
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Steve Gervais is back at Skyline.
  • Options
    Lawrence_of_a_LabiaLawrence_of_a_Labia Member Posts: 450
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Everything old is new again
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2023
    Meh, y’all are delusional, at best.

However, I was impressed last year(or year before?) when a top team out of Washington beat another top team out of NV or wherever it was(I’m talking HS)…

I love some HS, watched every one of those games yesterday on ESPN. Love they showcase some of the best talent. Saw Chiminade, FL take off and win against St Francis out MD..saw IMG Academy do what they do every year out of FL and also saw St. John Boscoe beat St Thomas Aquinas out of FL. Now THAT was impressive. The rest, to me, was expected. I know how good St John Boscoe is, top 1-3 HS team in the nation behind Matre Dai. But ST Thomas Aquino ain’t no sloucch.

Anyway, tell y’all what, if any of you guysms keep up with this stuff like I do, absolutely watch this combining weekend, one of the best HS teams here out of Hattiesburg, MS..Oak Grove. They are absolutely favored to at least win the South State of MS. In the largest classification, 7A. Them bitches are traveling to Hoover, AL. If y’all follow HS or any football, y’all know how prolific Hoover, AL is. Been documentaries about them. They, to MS, are like South Panola. In the day, you wouldn’t want to play em, from TX to FL and TN. You just don’t.

Oak Grove is in our district in 7A, that would be Petal Panthers. Brandon Bulldogs is also there. Where yalls guysm y’all keep posting crying in the snow for WSU, Minshew is from…

Anyway, should be an awesome game between two of the best from the south. I can guarantee Oak Grove is one of our best. And going against Hoover, AL? At Hoover??

Oak Grove thumped Wayne County this past week that’s won several 5A state Championships to the tune of 49-0.

THIS is must watch or listen, smash fucking mouth, football. And I ain’t a fan of either. JS.

Where to get the score when it’s played,
    fairly quickly updates:

https://scorestream.com/explore/r/mississippi/high-school/football/scores

I would be absolutely surprised if ESPN dropped or didn’t see this game coming and showcase it. Floored, actually. Like I said, probably the best South MS team this year at Hoover, AL.

Course, I know, I know, y’all DGAF. @dnc absolutely knows who I’ve been talking about if he keeps up with Sip football…but was just letting y’all in on this nugget, whether you care, or not.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2023
    Looked it up. Will absolutely contact them when they wake up by Monday and remind them/inform them about this game. Absolutely no reason to NOT have this game on.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

However, I was impressed last year(or year before?) when a top team out of Washington beat another top team out of NV or wherever it was(I’m talking HS)…

I love some HS, watched every one of those games yesterday on ESPN. Love they showcase some of the best talent. Saw Chiminade, FL take off and win against St Francis out MD..saw IMG Academy do what they do every year out of FL and also saw St. John Boscoe beat St Thomas Aquinas out of FL. Now THAT was impressive. The rest, to me, was expected. I know how good St John Boscoe is, top 1-3 HS team in the nation behind Matre Dai. But ST Thomas Aquino ain’t no sloucch.

Anyway, tell y’all what, if any of you guysms keep up with this stuff like I do, absolutely watch this combining weekend, one of the best HS teams here out of Hattiesburg, MS..Oak Grove. They are absolutely favored to at least win the South State of MS. In the largest classification, 7A. Them bitches are traveling to Hoover, AL. If y’all follow HS or any football, y’all know how prolific Hoover, AL is. Been documentaries about them. They, to MS, are like South Panola. In the day, you wouldn’t want to play em, from TX to FL and TN. You just don’t.

Oak Grove is in our district in 7A, that would be Petal Panthers. Brandon Bulldogs is also there. Where yalls guysm y’all keep posting crying in the snow for WSU, Minshew is from…

Anyway, should be an awesome game between two of the best from the south. I can guarantee Oak Grove is one of our best. And going against Hoover, AL? At Hoover??

Oak Grove thumped Wayne County this past week that’s won several 5A state Championships to the tune of 49-0.

THIS is must watch or listen, smash fucking mouth, football. And I ain’t a fan of either. JS.

fairly quickly updates:

I would be absolutely surprised if ESPN dropped or didn’t see this game coming and showcase it. Floored, actually. Like I said, probably the best South MS team this year at Hoover, AL.

Course, I know, I know, y’all DGAF. @dnc absolutely knows who I’ve been talking about if he keeps up with Sip football…but was just letting y’all in on this nugget, whether you care, or not.

Petal 😕

Has oak grove distanced themselves from farve?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    Graham Kapowsin beat the best team from Georgia's largest division in Vegas

WA 4A champ over the Georgia 13A champ or whatever the fuck it was
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

to be fair, he would've been better than Ty or Lake
    Gilby always gets left out of these equations.

It must be because he's fat
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Gervais was a brilliant offensive play caller. I faced him as a DC and convinced my guys we could shut his offense down. Not only did we not, Gervais and his boys hung 50+ on us before he backed off. Big mistake trying to hook on with TY. also felt like he could have gone far if he picked the right situation.

Butch had the luxury of ELITE athletes and a booster
    Club that would rival many colleges. Never thought Butch was anymore than a guy in the right situation and the right time.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SECDAWG said:

fairly quickly updates:

I am VERY familiar with High School football in the South. The Rainbow Warriors just played in a dinky stadium with capacity of 28,000 AND had to use a fucking tent as a locker room. As far as tents go, it was nice, but a tent, nonetheless.

Welcome to the sec...sec...sec...sec...sec...