Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Does Orange Slice Guy own 10,000 shares of Halliburton stock?

What the actual fuck.

Yeah because Halliburton is involved 🙄
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Putin shot down Prigohzin's plane, and also killed Utkin the co founder of Wagner...

Russia finally killed a Nazi
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    They have killed loads of Nazi's in Ukraine. The last Nazi stronghold in the world!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has WW3 started? Are we still worried about wmd's? @ThomasFremont has made peace yet?

Anyway, how are things going for the Russians? Still going "just as planned"? The glorious plan to attrition away a generation of young people in a demographically declining country still Putin playing 4D chess?

How has the capture of Bakhmut played out? Strategically a critical turning point? Worth 100k bodies?

I'll take my answers off air...
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,078
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Has WW3 started? Are we still worried about wmd's? @ThomasFremont has made peace yet?

Anyway, how are things going for the Russians? Still going "just as planned"? The glorious plan to attrition away a generation of young people in a demographically declining country still Putin playing 4D chess?

How has the capture of Bakhmut played out? Strategically a critical turning point? Worth 100k bodies?

Speaking only to my personal views, this was a war that couldn't be won without increasing the cost and risk several notches. That seems to be playing out as predicted. That isn't defending Russian strategies, that's simply observing the reality of the situation.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023
    Bob_C said:

Speaking only to my personal views, this was a war that couldn't be won without increasing the cost and risk several notches. That seems to be playing out as predicted. That isn't defending Russian strategies, that's simply observing the reality of the situation.
    Did you try telling Russia that?

They seemed to think the glorious VDV was going to capture Kyiv in short order, which is why the best Russian troops got helicoptered in to their deaths at Hostomel Airport?? And why columns of riot police and troops got blown the fuck up while leisurely rolling down the highway?

Talk about 10d chess. All part of the 2 year plan to take....Bahkmut.

God damn Russia is amazing
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

They seemed to think the glorious VDV was going to capture Kyiv in short order, which is why the best Russian troops got helicoptered in to their deaths at Hostomel Airport?? And why columns of riot police and troops got blown the fuck up while leisurely rolling down the highway?

All that and yet Ukraine can't beat them.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

The fact Ukraine even exists and is in control of its major cities is a massive victory for them. Hth.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

The fact Ukraine even exists and is in control of its major cities is a massive victory for them. Hth.
    I can buy that looking at it from a neutral observers perspective. But their stated victory is clearing Russia out of everywhere, and that has next to a zero chance % of happening. If the US's goal is the same as Ukraine's, then we are losing slowly more and more every day, regardless of what Russia's achievements/successes are compared to expectations. Both sides can lose a war. If we have different victory conditions than Ukraine does, then let's state what those are.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

I think you and I have mostly understood one another while disagreeing. Other people however...
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I can buy that looking at it from a neutral observers perspective. But their stated victory is clearing Russia out of everywhere, and that has next to a zero chance % of happening. If the US's goal is the same as Ukraine's, then we are losing slowly more and more every day, regardless of what Russia's achievements/successes are compared to expectations. Both sides can lose a war. If we have different victory conditions than Ukraine does, then let's state what those are.
    This is fair. I dont know what the end game looks like. Right now it looks like a lot of casualties for not much change.

Ukraine did recapture another town today and seem to be inching along. LIPO
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2023

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

This is fair. I dont know what the end game looks like. Right now it looks like a lot of casualties for not much change.

Ukraine did recapture another town today and seem to be inching along. LIPO
    I fear we don't have any idea what it is either, the end game probably is just avoiding a conclusion. A lot of sunk costs that need fresh costs to avoid a PR humiliation. And that humiliation is coming in some form certainly. This is one of my main problems with all of this.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

• Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,105
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Putin shot down Prigohzin's plane, and also killed Utkin the co founder of Wagner...

Russia finally killed a Nazi

That's a conspiracy theory..all the news was saying is that the plane crashed.

.)
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club

While no loss of life or war is good, I would think you would care more about the 400,000 Ukrainian soldiers who have been slaughtered. Do you you have any young American men in your life you're worried about getting sent over there to die? If peace isn't made, you know this is coming right?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

While no loss of life or war is good, I would think you would care more about the 400,000 Ukrainian soldiers who have been slaughtered. Do you you have any young American men in your life you're worried about getting sent over there to die? If peace isn't made, you know this is coming right?
    Made up numbers POTD
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Made up numbers POTD
    Things the war mongers in Washington need you to believe.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Made up numbers POTD
    Why should I believe your deepstate, fake news #s?