Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
    If we're going to hire a G5 AD or someone with baggage, why not hold off and see if we can make a run for the CFP? Seems like having another successful season and heading to the B1G puts us in a good spot to get a better tier of candidates.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,790 Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

If we're going to hire a G5 AD or someone with baggage, why not hold off and see if we can make a run for the CFP? Seems like having another successful season and heading to the B1G puts us in a good spot to get a better tier of candidates.

That may align with the timetable. No clue how long these things take but has to be at least a 90 day search and vet without already having someone in the can ready to go.
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992

Is the San Diego State AD any good? Seems like their football and hoops teams punch well above their weight, and he also got a stadium thing done there.

He might be good, but he's not very smart.

He and SDSU's president oversaw that ill-thought "we're leaving/we're not leaving" letter sent to the commissioner and member schools that effectively chained the Aztecs to the MWC for the next 2-3 years
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,197

Is the San Diego State AD any good? Seems like their football and hoops teams punch well above their weight, and he also got a stadium thing done there.

He might be good, but he's not very smart.

He and SDSU's president oversaw that ill-thought "we're leaving/we're not leaving" letter sent to the commissioner and member schools that effectively chained the Aztecs to the MWC for the next 2-3 years
    Perhaps he was playing 8D chess and knew that if he bungled that process UW would 100% leave to the B1G, USC would then hire Cohen, and he could then interview for the UW job.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,799 Founders Club
    Who’s the AD in charge of Arizona? They seem to be handing out bags down there in football, They pulled Lloyd out of Gonzaga in MBB and they are competitive in Softball, baseball and WBB which should appease the UW masses. Worth a look?
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    I still have to go with Milo “Mike” Lude.

P.S. I know he’s dead.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,612 Standard Supporter
    TXDawg said:

There is a lot to shake out with B1G scheduling and structures for 2024 and beyond with very little time to do it. Need a competent AD fairly quickly in order to ensure we don't get screwed by our new B1G overlords.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,823 Swaye's Wigwam
    SkipBoyd said:

P.S. I know he’s dead.

Still alive. He’s 101, but it’s a young 101.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

SkipBoyd said:

P.S. I know he’s dead.

Still alive. He’s 101, but it’s a young 101.
    Do we have enough time to create an AI copy of Lude and have an eternal algorithm for AD?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,514 Standard Supporter
    Chun would be fucking hilarious.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,787
    Don James never had to lose an AD to USC. He just didn’t. He was just fired by one.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Don James never had to lose an AD to USC. He just didn’t. He was just fired by one.

FWIW, James never blamed Hedges for what happened.