Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A question that needs to be posed to Ana Mari Cauce

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,005
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
After the disaster that was Larry Scott, how did the conference presidents come to select George Kalashnikov? Please be specific and where was the breakdown?

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have emailed UW ADs and Presidents that I will not buy anything from UW (including second hand tickets to home FB games) until they fix their LARRY SCOTT MISTAKE.

AMC has done that so I might very well attend the Oregon game this year.

At one point I had given up hope. Then out of the blue we have a football President. Life is good. CSB.

TLDR. AMC was only one of 12. She doesn't appear to be one of the three that intentionally torpedoed the P12. When one person (or two acting together) could make a difference SHE ACTED. And after her kick ass presser she may even tell you the same thing.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    “When we began our search, if you had told me George would be available, I never would have believed you”
  • Options
    Founders Club

The fact that the presidents/chancellors at USC, UCLA, UW, Oregon and Utah weren’t screaming, “FIRE” until they had lost their collective voices from about 2014 or 2015 until 2020 shows that they were all clueless and therefore complicit in the murder of the conference. The fact that the conference was willing to punt on an entire season in 2020 while the Sun Belt, AAC, ACC, SEC and B12 were a full go also shows their guilt. They all resigned Scott when they could have still made an about face shows a collective guilt as well. Who cares about Kalishnikov? No one was saving the P12 by the time they decided on him. Seawater had hit the boiler.

Agreed, but the question isn't about Kalashnikov, it's about how did the presidents reach that conclusion.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If I can take a mulligan I would like to hear her honest answer to your question.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Well, we figured a pack of syphilitic ferrets high on coke could have done a better job and George walked in and we immediately noticed he was a white man and were charmed. My XL sized panties became moist with anticipation and I could feel my Arby’s regular start getting ready to be a beef and cheddar. The smell of my onion buns filled the room. Those blue eyes like the waters around the island of Sapphos. That grey hair my father had when I got my first masters and first real taste of cock.

I had to have him. I had to have his essence. Was it right? No. But he was also the only applicant.

This edition of Penthouse letters is criminally underchinned.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Well, we figured a pack of syphilitic ferrets high on coke could have done a better job and George walked in and we immediately noticed he was a white man and were charmed. My XL sized panties became moist with anticipation and I could feel my Arby’s regular start getting ready to be a beef and cheddar. The smell of my onion buns filled the room. Those blue eyes like the waters around the island of Sapphos. That grey hair my father had when I got my first masters and first real taste of cock.

I had to have him. I had to have his essence. Was it right? No. But he was also the only applicant.

Are you nominating this for the Pup Memorial Post of the Year?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I did my part.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fact that the presidents/chancellors at USC, UCLA, UW, Oregon and Utah weren’t screaming, “FIRE” until they had lost their collective voices from about 2014 or 2015 until 2020 shows that they were all clueless and therefore complicit in the murder of the conference. The fact that the conference was willing to punt on an entire season in 2020 while the Sun Belt, AAC, ACC, SEC and B12 were a full go also shows their guilt. They all resigned Scott when they could have still made an about face shows a collective guilt as well. Who cares about Kalishnikov? No one was saving the P12 by the time they decided on him. Seawater had hit the boiler.

Agreed, but the question isn't about Kalashnikov, it's about how did the presidents reach that conclusion.
    He probably told them all the bullshit they wanted to hear about academics, student athletes and any other snobbery they appreciated hearing and as @StLouisDawg so eloquently put, he most likely was one of the few or even the only guy who applied.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They thought that Kalashnikov's experience at MGM in Vegas would bring strong relationships with media and sports production to get a deal done. That's my memory.