Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to AMC thru Jen

EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited August 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
You have an opening in your 2024 schedule.

There are four teams that now don't have a conference for 2024.

Lock up a home and home or neutral site game (for a few years) while Chun is still getting paid.

Set the groundwork for an annual game.

We have supported little brother financially for 108 years.

Another twenty or so won't kill us.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    The point of this thread was to belittle Cuog and take advantage of a dire scheduling need that is just one year out.

Cuogs, at this point, would be the best 2024 replacement. I would also accept Beav.

But holy fuck, batman. We ? now lose the Michigan home game that was rescheduled in 2028?

And, yes. WSU could slot nicely as a Michigan replacement for the only year (2028) where our non-conference schedule is booked.

Nine game conf. schedule not guaranteed but it could happen.
  • Options
    haie said:

I'd rather play Beavlet annually than the butthurt cuogs.

IF B1G keeps an 8 game conference slate we may need abundance for 2024.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

Lock up a home and home or neutral site game (for a few years) while Chun is still getting paid.

We have two holes (hardy har har) for our 2024 schedule.

The B1G forbids its teams from playing FCS teams, so we'll be canceling Weber St.

Can get Cuog and Beavlet for next year. Or ASU or CU. Or really anyone from the old Pac
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

I'd rather play Beavlet annually than the butthurt cuogs.

IF B1G keeps an 8 game conference slate we may need abundance for 2024.
    I would bet my entire net worth and 3 fingers that they play more than 8 conference games now that they have 18-20 teams and a ton of value to create for Fox
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,873
    Standard Supporter
    If we ever play the cougs again, I'm never giving another dime to UW.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Neutral site at Lumen for WSU, at absolute best. Absolutely no Pullman, or frankly any Western US team home and home ever again (including the AZ schools and Utah, or any Big 12, really)

Home and homes are only for SEC schools and Clemson/FSU/Miami only out of ACC (or ND). Those are the “A” games, add a legacy Pac at home (or neutral site) for “B”, and a scrub at home (or maybe this is the annual wsu game neutral site) for our “C” game.

Time to turn the proverbial “hot ticket” and actual value increase of our program into actual revenue, c’mon
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,318
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    B1G had planned 9 conference games next year. The opponents were set. I can’t imagine their media partners will accept a reduction in high quality inventory. We’re playing 9 conference games. Cuog can fit in.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Coug can fuck right off. Most of my worst memories from college involved sitting in that glorified high school Martin Stadium shitpile in the freezing rain and then listening to Cougs rant when we plungered them again. Hard to find a bigger collection of dumbasses anywhere in America than Pullman. Only Eugene comes to mind.

I’d like to revisit your take about the biggest dumbasses in ‘Merica after we?ve been in the big10 for a year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I love the Apple Cup and regional/sibling rivalries are part of what make CFB so goddamned great to me. Downvote me if you must but I think it's super fucked up that WSU and the beav are getting decapitated over this shit. They tried a lot fucking harder than teams like UCLA did too. Put me in the camp that takes absolutely zero joy in this for them, and it's also really easy to kick them when they're down right now and gloat as a UW fan. Maybe I'm just getting soft (twss) but I want to see WSU land somewhere that keeps them afloat, and I still want a home-and-home annual Apple Cup.

Same. The only thing making it a little hard to stick to that is the stupid shit I've read from Cuog posters and Cuog biased writers, who have the short sightedness to blame UW for any of this. UW acted out of necessity and self preservation and nothing else. USC should be the lone recipient of the shit they're flinging.

I haven't heard or read a single thing from OSU, neither fan l, admin, coach or writer. Are they acting under a gag order? Maybe I just need to look more.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,742
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I love the Apple Cup and regional/sibling rivalries are part of what make CFB so goddamned great to me. Downvote me if you must but I think it's super fucked up that WSU and the beav are getting decapitated over this shit. They tried a lot fucking harder than teams like UCLA did too. Put me in the camp that takes absolutely zero joy in this for them, and it's also really easy to kick them when they're down right now and gloat as a UW fan. Maybe I'm just getting soft (twss) but I want to see WSU land somewhere that keeps them afloat, and I still want a home-and-home annual Apple Cup.

I don't know if you're getting soft but your avatar is a roll of Charmin

Just kiddin buddy xoxoxo #pup
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Same. The only thing making it a little hard to stick to that is the stupid shit I've read from Cuog posters and Cuog biased writers, who have the short sightedness to blame UW for any of this. UW acted out of necessity and self preservation and nothing else. USC should be the lone recipient of the shit they're flinging.

I haven't heard or read a single thing from OSU, neither fan l, admin, coach or writer. Are they acting under a gag order? Maybe I just need to look more.
    Plenty of butt hurt boovs out there including their beat writer on Twitter. They all blame oregon and Washington.

I have no ill will with coug/boov, but whatever. They try given what they have. Don't care about the apple cup. It's been a limp dick rivalry for a while.

The real problem has been the presidents and conference leadership. I don't blame usc at all for leaving. I always thought it would be the big 12 that poached them but once Texas and OU left, wtf didn't see this coming whether they went independent or to another conference?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

The B1G forbids its teams from playing FCS teams, so we'll be canceling Weber St.

Can get Cuog and Beavlet for next year. Or ASU or CU. Or really anyone from the old Pac
    The B1G plays FCS teams.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

The B1G plays FCS teams.
    Doesn’t OSU play Youngstown frequently?