Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Move aside Alaska Airlines

2»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

If we’re going brat game it’s winco brats (RIP) all day long

Still a thing.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,945 Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Alaska Airlines has direct flights from SeaTac to:

Eugene
    Burbank
    LAX
    Omaha
    M-StP
    Milwaukee
    O’Hare
    Des Moines
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Baltimore
    Newark
    Pittsburgh

So direct flights within a two hour drive of every BIG team except Penn State, which is 2.5 hours from PIT and not much further away from BWI.

Alaska Airlines can stay.

Except that there aren’t many of those flights.

You’ll be left with one or 2 stops on American Airlines fighting with a ticket agent to get on a plane, any plane.

Clearly you haven’t flown much lately.
    I fly frequently, almost exclusively on Alaska Airlines. Luckily much of the BIG is blocked up, so a variety of options. I’m flying into ORD for the upcoming MSU game to save money and see MLB games at both Chicago ballparks.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,515 Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

I specifically asked for no homo erotic stuff

You're in the wroooong place.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    If we’re bashing beer brats from the grill, I’m out.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,953 Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

Eugene
    Burbank
    LAX
    Omaha
    M-StP
    Milwaukee
    O’Hare
    Des Moines
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Baltimore
    Newark
    Pittsburgh

So direct flights within a two hour drive of every BIG team except Penn State, which is 2.5 hours from PIT and not much further away from BWI.

You’ll be left with one or 2 stops on American Airlines fighting with a ticket agent to get on a plane, any plane.

I fly frequently, almost exclusively on Alaska Airlines. Luckily much of the BIG is blocked up, so a variety of options. I’m flying into ORD for the upcoming MSU game to save money and see MLB games at both Chicago ballparks.

Pro tip for Wrigley. Unless being in the stadium is the most important part of the game, get seats in one of the rooftops. Small cores of maybe 60 people, free beer and hardly any bathroom lines.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,945 Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

Eugene
    Burbank
    LAX
    Omaha
    M-StP
    Milwaukee
    O’Hare
    Des Moines
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Baltimore
    Newark
    Pittsburgh

Pro tip for Wrigley. Unless being in the stadium is the most important part of the game, get seats in one of the rooftops. Small cores of maybe 60 people, free beer and hardly any bathroom lines.

That will be for next time I go. I am going to games at all 30 and only have 8 more active MLB ballparks to go. Both Chicago ballparks will bookend my Midwest trip to see the Michigan State game and ‘Hawks at Lions.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,953 Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

Eugene
    Burbank
    LAX
    Omaha
    M-StP
    Milwaukee
    O’Hare
    Des Moines
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    Columbus
    Baltimore
    Newark
    Pittsburgh

That will be for next time I go. I am going to games at all 30 and only have 8 more active MLB ballparks to go. Both Chicago ballparks will bookend my Midwest trip to see the Michigan State game and ‘Hawks at Lions.
    There's a UW bar right on Sheffield about a block from Wrigley called the Graystone.
  • LogisticsLogistics Member Posts: 113

If you're chartering the plane, does it matter where an airline has direct commercial flights? Can't they negotiate with any airport that can handle a plane that size?

It matters when you are a fan that can’t afford a chartered flight.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover

Question was already answered.

@1to392831weretaken was referring to team charters, which sometimes get dispatched to an airline's non-scheduled airports.

Mr. Pills was referencing scheduled flights close to B1G teams for fan convenience.

My work is done here.
    Logistics said:

If you're chartering the plane, does it matter where an airline has direct commercial flights? Can't they negotiate with any airport that can handle a plane that size?

It matters when you are a fan that can’t afford a chartered flight.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover

Question was already answered.

@1to392831weretaken was referring to team charters, which sometimes get dispatched to an airline's non-scheduled airports.

Mr. Pills was referencing scheduled flights close to B1G teams for fan convenience.

My work is done here.
    Huh?

Thanks @Logistics!