Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

sorry, an actual football thread. Will DeBoner adjust the Offense and the Defense

gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam
Assuming Cal and Stanford don't also join that is... and this is basically just the Pac-12 division still.

Playing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc. in the late fall and extreme conditions.

Run game and defense. UW's roots.

Not exactly something he's been known for at Fresno State and UW so far.

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,653 Standard Supporter
    Probably need a review of how many grass surfaces we have to play on going forward compared to today.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking Indiana and Penix passed all over those clowns

Penix won't play in the Big 10.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,723 Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

No shit.

Point is DeBoer can get someone to throw on anyone whether that is Penix, Haener, Morris, or PGOS

gmo said:

No shit.

Point is DeBoer can get someone to throw on anyone whether that is Penix, Haener, Morris, or PGOS
    Laughable to put Morris in there with Penix, but ok.
    I was one of the few in here last year saying the team was absolutely fucked if Penix were to go down. I still believe that, considering what this defense has shown me.

But ok, i'll chalk you up as one of those in here who thinks DeBoner can take an intramural level QB to greatness and pile up wins. I'd love to be wrong.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,723 Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

gmo said:

No shit.

I was one of the few in here last year saying the team was absolutely fucked if Penix were to go down. I still believe that, considering what this defense has shown me.

But ok, i'll chalk you up as one of those in here who thinks DeBoner can take an intramural level QB to greatness and pile up wins. I'd love to be wrong.
    This guy got Haener playing at a high level. Did you see Haener vs Cal in 2018???

Ill take DeBoer over you buddy
    edited August 2023

gmo said:

gmo said:

No shit.

This guy got Haener playing at a high level. Did you see Haener vs Cal in 2018???

ha, ok "buddy". That is truly what i am saying, i know more than DeBoner. Doog away.

Haener is a legit talent.
    Probably the wrong board wrong time for this... just an actual question on tweaking a few things based on the new environment.

I personally think SC is going to have a harder time than their fans believe adjusting. Hell they lost a lot of games and had close games in Pullman over the years.
    gmo said:

gmo said:

gmo said:

No shit.

ha, ok "buddy". That is truly what i am saying, i know more than DeBoner. Doog away.

Probably the wrong board wrong time for this... just an actual question on tweaking a few things based on the new environment.

I personally think SC is going to have a harder time than their fans believe adjusting. Hell they lost a lot of games and had close games in Pullman over the years.
    UW slugged it out with a good boov team in a B1G like game.

There will be some of those. Defense has to play physical
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

gmo said:

gmo said:

gmo said:

No shit.

UW slugged it out with a good boov team in a B1G like game.

There will be some of those. Defense has to play physical
    Remember the Alamo too. I know... Sark...but UW still won a road game against a roster of all 4 and 5* millionaire teens without their offense ever really clicking.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,497 Swaye's Wigwam
    Deboer talked recently about not just being a sling it around team last year. He said they focused on being efficient so I think what is happening is there's not been enough Jon Don runs up the middle
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,848 Founders Club
    chuck said:

gmo said:

Assuming Cal and Stanford don't also join that is... and this is basically just the Pac-12 division still.

Playing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc. in the late fall and extreme conditions.

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I think Fresno has a decent defense under Deboer relative to their level. When I watched them they struggled, vs UCLA and Oregon, but I was still impressed by the fast play and hard hitting.

LIPO. The defense could be much improved.
    I’m optimistic.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

chuck said:

gmo said:

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I think Fresno has a decent defense under Deboer relative to their level. When I watched them they struggled, vs UCLA and Oregon, but I was still impressed by the fast play and hard hitting.

LIPO. The defense could be much improved.
    I’m optimistic.
    Oh you dear sweet spirit
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    can he recruit a QB??
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

can he recruit a QB??

He does have a 4* recruit on campus and another committed if I'm not mistaken.

FWIW a depth guy transferred in as well.