Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jen Cohen

2»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,055 Standard Supporter

Cohen was sitting at the kids table for this whole time. These decisions were run by network execs, university presidents, lawyers, and number crunchers.

AD's are by and large stupider than coaches.

The decision to hire DeBoer was made by network execs, the president, lawyers, and the school of accounting?

come on
    She also gets the credit for hiring lake then. And Hopkins.

Honestly hiring is a crapshoot. Firing is more important and seems like the prez had more to do with canning lake. Jen kept hinting it wasn't over for him.

These buyouts in the contract for unproven coaches were way over the standard are the problem. Lake and hop are way richer than they ever should have been because of the language in their contract. Not because of how much we pay them. That's on her. She has created the deficit. Can't get good teams scheduled for football. Nobody goes to the games. Those are legit issues.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,806
    I take back 1/2 the bad things I said about her. That’s a lot.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,957 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jen sucks and kind of embarrasses UW at times, IMO.

On the other hand you guys (whomever this applies to) are usually results only driven when it comes to your approval of coaches, admin, players, etc. A lot of the shit being flung at her right now is all about the process though: "she lucked into Deboer", "she didn't want to fire Jimmy"...stuff like that. But she did end up with Deboer and did fire Jimmy.

Just saying.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,683 Founders Club

Cohen was sitting at the kids table for this whole time. These decisions were run by network execs, university presidents, lawyers, and number crunchers.

The decision to hire DeBoer was made by network execs, the president, lawyers, and the school of accounting?

come on
    DeBoer was a tap in. Not even 2nd choice. He was a great candidate who happened to be available.

The fact that she carried so much water for Jimmy tells me everything. She's also tone deaf to the negadawg masses and criticizes the fans. The hatred will always flow.
    She deserves credit for DeBeor, tap in or not.

I will never forgive her role in handing the Pac-12 North to Oregon and her colossal "Are you all-in?" hypocrisy bullshit
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,600 Founders Club
    Dirty secret… Crow isn’t that bad to eat but I will say after this move I’ll give her maybe a high five
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,683 Founders Club

come on
    DeBoer was a tap in. Not even 2nd choice. He was a great candidate who happened to be available.

The fact that she carried so much water for Jimmy tells me everything. She's also tone deaf to the negadawg masses and criticizes the fans. The hatred will always flow.
    Had Jen had her way, Lake would likely still be our coach.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,806
    edited August 2023

come on

You’re just a bad fan trying to ruin the college experience for her student athletes. Are you all in? Good luck reppin’ the north Oregon!

PS. Don’t forget her NIL hires.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,577 Swaye's Wigwam

come on

This is only true if you think she was being honest with the press. Name an AD that's ever done that once. It's their job to hold their cards close to the vest. Lake lost to Montana. She'd have to be the biggest idiot in the world to have not been making moves behind the scene while publicly saying the "right" things.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,065 Founders Club

come on

This is only true if you think she was being honest with the press. Name an AD that's ever done that once. It's their job to hold their cards close to the vest. Lake lost to Montana. She'd have to be the biggest idiot in the world to have not been making moves behind the scene while publicly saying the "right" things.
    Caple got her texts about Lake and she told Cauce that if he learned a lesson and was contrite he was keeping his job.

come on

But that's not the situation here
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    word on the street is that Cauce was going for blood and cash over the last few days