Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A B C out of conference scheduling

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,602
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
The C stands for Coug.

Coug is about to become our 1st week of September replacement for Portland State.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,006
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My bro went to wazzu so to not remind him that they suck ballz every year for the apple cup would make me sad. Can’t have the apple cup in Sept.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

My bro went to wazzu so to not remind him that they suck ballz every year for the apple cup would make me sad. Can’t have the apple cup in Sept.

We can and we will.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We'll probably end up with week 0 conference games to accommodate the apple cup being on thanksgiving weekned. Same thing Clemson/SC, UF/FSU, UGA/GT all do
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

We'll probably end up with week 0 conference games to accommodate the apple cup being on thanksgiving weekned. Same thing Clemson/SC, UF/FSU, UGA/GT all do

This is stupid. Trying to save the apple cup is pointless. How often can they enjoy taking an ass kicking in consecutive years. They'll lose interest.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've never liked the Apple Cup

UW Oregon would be far better on Thanksgiving
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023
    Here's the other thing about Coug:

If you guys wanted the Pac to stay together, then get everyone to agree to give UW and Oregon half the 200 million.

None of you wanted to do that, so the conference was dead as soon as the LA schools left.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Here's the other thing about Coug:

If you guys wanted the Pac to stay together, then get everyone to agree to give UW and Oregon half the 200 million.

None of you wanted to do that, so the conference was dead as soon as the LA schools left.

That's what it boils down to. Thank gawd they didn't do that though. It still would've been a shit product on a shit platform and everyone would've lost.

The bandaide is off. Another big move needs to happen that puts them with Boise, SDSU et al along with some form of TV deal. It's either shutters, or, possibly, a better outcome than at least WSU deserves. They're a perfect, natural fit with the Mtn West. The Boise-Pullman rivalry could be lit!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TheHB said:

Turned on KJR to listen to Puck and Jim Moore because schaudenfrede.

Puck insists UW shouldn’t want to continue the Apple Cup. And for those who say it’s important because of tradition, he says if UW gave a shit about tradition they wouldn’t leave the PAC.

So basically he’s saying that for UW, conference tradition is dependent upon one fucking game a year.

Sad Cuog is the best Cuog.

I stopped reading after "Jim Moore".