Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bet more than half you fuckers never used one of these and some will think it's an IUD

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,505
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I still buy cd's.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still buy cd's.

@BleachedAnusDawg everyone so often finds to align with my wheelhouse on occasion.

I think I've only bought maybe 4 or 5 CDs in the past 3 - 4 years as opposed to something like 125- 150 vinyl LPs in the same timeframe. But I still have a YUGE CD collection all in their original jewel cases which get regular use through a quality Marantz disc player. When we've got company over and little kids running around, it's CDs only. They aren't to be trusted around a turn table.

I have so many friends that are trying to get into hi fi these days via vinyl set ups, and I'm like why did you ditch all your CDs? A good disc player, integrated amp and floor standing speakers will still blow the doors off a shitty ass SONOS type system any day of the week.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,505
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I still buy cd's.

@BleachedAnusDawg everyone so often finds to align with my wheelhouse on occasion.

I think I've only bought maybe 4 or 5 CDs in the past 3 - 4 years as opposed to something like 125- 150 vinyl LPs in the same timeframe. But I still have a YUGE CD collection all in their original jewel cases which get regular use through a quality Marantz disc player. When we've got company over and little kids running around, it's CDs only. They aren't to be trusted around a turn table.

I have so many friends that are trying to get into hi fi these days via vinyl set ups, and I'm like why did you ditch all your CDs? A good disc player, integrated amp and floor standing speakers will still blow the doors off a shitty ass SONOS type system any day of the week.

Shots fired at @PurpleThrobber
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still buy cd's.

Shots fired at @PurpleThrobber
    Joints + High Fidelity >>>>>>> Sonos + Edibles.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,876
    Founders Club

I still buy cd's.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,140
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I too, still buy cds on occasion. Mostly vinyls but still come across some rare discs to rock in my F150
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2023

I too, still buy cds on occasion. Mostly vinyls but still come across some rare discs to rock in my F150

This is the Brier/Kent section of my CD collection.

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,876
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

How bout:

I once rode in a friends older brothers car and he had an 8 track player and a cassette to 8 track conversion.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,276
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    For some bizarre reason my child has bought a couple of Taylor Swift CDs. The bizarre part behind the CD. Teen girls are expected to be Swifties.

I haven’t figured out why cause we have like 4 different ways to consume music digitally.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BMG baby! Snoop dog doggy style and Dr Dre’s the chronic made my life a lot more interesting than it needed to be.