Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I'm at a bar

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,293
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    No, have never seen such a thing
    Women's soccer has too high of a concussion rate to replace football. It's like the highest concussion rate for women's sports.
    It will be something else.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can’t even imagine. Once spent an hour trying to get a Husky game on (via Pac 12 network) at a Honolulu Buffalo Wild Wings. And they had the Pac 12 network! Just no idea how to turn it on since it was a different cable package than most of their TVs used.

Can’t wait to go back and ask for them to pop on the Apple app.

This conference is dead, just swallow our pride and go dominate the Big12 dreckfest. The BIG10 ain’t walking through that door.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogville said:

I can’t even imagine. Once spent an hour trying to get a Husky game on (via Pac 12 network) at a Honolulu Buffalo Wild Wings. And they had the Pac 12 network! Just no idea how to turn it on since it was a different cable package than most of their TVs used.

Can’t wait to go back and ask for them to pop on the Apple app.

This conference is dead, just swallow our pride and go dominate the Big12 dreckfest. The BIG10 ain’t walking through that door.

Bartenders and servers at sports bars almost always have no clue how to work the remote. It’s wild.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes, I've watched streaming sports at a bar

Isnt NFL Sunday Ticket moving exclusively to YouTube?

I think YouTubeTV which is like Comcast, Direct TV or Dish in that they’re streaming but they’re simply streaming their lineup via the internet vs a coax connection.
    This.

And fuck you fuckers all sound old as race.

Live streaming has the same commercial load and content as dish/direct/cable so if you have fubo or directvnow, Hulu live, and whatever the other 2 or 3 are you’ll see the same shit as traditional tv consumers. And pay a fuck ton less… unless you have no self control and subscribe to every fucking streaming channel and then you’re just stupid.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Castricone and I will become great friends this year as I turn my TV to mute and channel surf all the big boys on my cable subscription. Can’t wait!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,346
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know I'm old, but it sure is easy turning on the TV to Comcast, hitting "C" and seeing every game available.

I get that streaming services are the future, but the here and now really wasn't that bad for a sports fan.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think YouTubeTV which is like Comcast, Direct TV or Dish in that they’re streaming but they’re simply streaming their lineup via the internet vs a coax connection.
    This.

Live streaming has the same commercial load and content as dish/direct/cable so if you have fubo or directvnow, Hulu live, and whatever the other 2 or 3 are you’ll see the same shit as traditional tv consumers. And pay a fuck ton less… unless you have no self control and subscribe to every fucking streaming channel and then you’re just stupid.
    Way to miss the point dumbfuck

I stream DTV like I said a million fucking times. Its where I watch fucking football. Whether the Pac 9 is there or not
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This.

Way to miss the point dumbfuck

I stream DTV like I said a million fucking times. Its where I watch fucking football. Whether the Pac 9 is there or not
    I have been streaming games forever ESPECIALLY when my provider didn't have the P12 nw.

And chances are I will (watch via) stream (illegally?) at least one UW game this year. Maybe even all 12.

It may be a thing of the future but the future simply isn't today. And age doesn't even come into the equation.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    These fucking kids that think a fucking app is some great fucking mystery. If its so fucking great the SEC and B1G would be on it. They aren't
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So fuck

Fucking fuck fuck
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446

TheHB said:

I know I'm old, but it sure is easy turning on the TV to Comcast, hitting "C" and seeing every game available.

I get that streaming services are the future, but the here and now really wasn't that bad for a sports fan.

Streaming services are fine when you're mobile or want to zone in on one thing.

Not designed for watching your team play some shit opponent when you want to flip back and forth b/c there's a better top ten match up or upset happening on a different channel. Definitely not for a casual fan anywhere.
    The Pac-12 Network never worked for the casual fan either
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes, I've watched streaming sports at a bar

It’s a stream when it comes into the bar but then spread inside via little boxes via an HDMI or in the dark corner TVs via coax as well.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No option for I haven't left mom's basement in 7 years.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Absolutely not, with Damone or NFO…

Streaming?? Heh. If PAC don’t pop up on a
    Major network late night, I probably wouldn’t even know it exists, tbh form a viewing standpoint. “Stream”??? That may be where I put a bait for supper.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I read this at a bar, and I hadn't been to a bar in a year. What are the idds? Cool story Bill
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I read this at a bar, and I hadn't been to a bar in a year. What are the idds? Cool story Bill

Like that shit, don’t ya FMB??
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Women's soccer has too high of a concussion rate to replace football. It's like the highest concussion rate for women's sports.
    It will be something else.

Thanks for confirming how big of pussies Americans are these days. Not that we? could compete with the rest of the world at something they actually care about anyways….