Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thursday night football

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Once again proving to be a shitty idea.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

The Players Association asked the NFL to discontinue it due to concerns over player safety (not enough time to recover from games the previous Sunday). A reasonable argument.

But of course, it continues unabated.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    not a dry eye in the stadium after the Hester record breaker
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It seemed sort of reasonable when they just had the opening Thursday game, and a few others late in the year. Now it's just shitty games moved from CBS or Fox's 5th crew to...CBS's one crew...The only people who really care are fantasy nerds and degenerate gamblers watching with four day's stubble while eating Lays in their Lazy Boys wearing boxers, a wife beater, and a robe.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It seemed sort of reasonable when they just had the opening Thursday game, and a few others late in the year. Now it's just shitty games moved from CBS or Fox's 5th crew to...CBS's one crew...The only people who really care are fantasy nerds and degenerate gamblers watching with four day's stubble while eating Lays in their Lazy Boys wearing boxers, a wife beater, and a robe.

huh?

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

You seem to have, uh, first- hand experience with this type of lifestyle.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

jecornel said:

The Players Association asked the NFL to discontinue it due to concerns over player safety (not enough time to recover from games the previous Sunday). A reasonable argument.

But of course, it continues unabated.
    I don't find it to be that reasonable when teams have been playing on Thanksgiving as long as I can remember.

The NFLPA is making there own money grab with that one.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How long does Lovie last? I'm sure he finishes out the season but that team looks embarrassingly bad and they do have a lot of good players on it. Appointing McCown as the starting QB before preseason was FS.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

LOL.

I was in Vegas and made $100 on this game.

Now I feel dirty.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    mobey said:

LOL.

Now I feel dirty.

Paid for your trip?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

How long does Lovie last? I'm sure he finishes out the season but that team looks embarrassingly bad and they do have a lot of good players on it. Appointing McCown as the starting QB before preseason was FS.

McCown as a starting QB was a terrible idea. Peter KingFS actually picked Tampa Bay as his sleeper team. I bet he gets a second season, but that's probably it.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

mobey said:

LOL.

Now I feel dirty.

Paid for your trip?
    Including the ho.

I'm first class all the way.