Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    What cunt would click on this?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bad news… won’t be able to get to it till Wednesday probably.

Good news… we’re doing a pod tomorrow at 830 so I won’t be able to plagiarize your shit and charge 10.95 for it fuckos!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

nobody cares

SYC… wtf Wilbur.

I’ll still listen.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Cal is playing AT North Texas???

Maybe the Pac12 should die
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the pod, pods
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cal is playing AT North Texas???

Maybe the Pac12 should die

Should?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Most of the Pac 12/UW podcasts surrounding this whole clown fuckshow have been great.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm genuinely excited
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Last win on grass was probably in Palo Alto in 2021.

Which I think we? had to kick 8 field goals to win.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think these guys realize how awful defense is across the board in college football. Last year, UW was 60th in yards per game and 58th in points per game. So they were already right where Coker is hoping they improve to this year. I think it's going to have to be quite a bit better than that--and, of course, Penix staying healthy--for the team to get anywhere near the lofty expectations some have for them.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    If you don’t think your eyes are broken when startled by that jumbo green Texas flag in Denton, you must already be @GrandpaSankey blind
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

If you don’t think your eyes are broken when startled by that jumbo green Texas flag in Denton, you must already be @GrandpaSankey blind

it’s majestic imo
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think these guys realize how awful defense is across the board in college football. Last year, UW was 60th in yards per game and 58th in points per game. So they were already right where Coker is hoping they improve to this year. I think it's going to have to be quite a bit better than that--and, of course, Penix staying healthy--for the team to get anywhere near the lofty expectations some have for them.

When I was listening I was thinking this same thing. 60 is bad defense in this day and age. The top 25-30 programs play a semblance of good defense. Outside of that top 25-30 you're as likely to give up 40 as 20 on any given weekend.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did I get a shout out?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    @WilburHooksHands - is poopsi still upset with the board?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

@WilburHooksHands - is poopsi still upset with the board?

probably but who can blame him
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Creedence Clearwater Revisited is an American rock band formed in 1995 by bassist Stu Cook and drummer Doug "Cosmo" Clifford, former members of Creedence Clearwater Revival, to play live versions of that band's music.[1]

Overview
    Much of Creedence Clearwater Revival's music had been written and arranged by John Fogerty, who has not participated in Creedence Clearwater Revisited.[2] Fogerty had exercised artistic control over the earlier band,[2] and he sued to try to stop the newer "Revisited" band from using its similar name, saying the name would confuse the public into thinking it was a continuation of the earlier "Revival" band. However, his lawsuit was ultimately unsuccessful.[1] The fourth member of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Tom Fogerty, had died in 1990 before the new band was formed.[2]

History
    The band was formed in 1995. Stu Cook bought a house in Lake Tahoe near Doug Clifford's home and the two began regularly jamming and decided to form a band, despite Clifford considering himself retired at the time.[3] Cook said "We never really had any intention of playing for the public, but a friend wanted to promote a couple of concerts. We got talked into it, but didn't know how it would go over."[4] The duo contacted John Fogerty "out of courtesy" to invite him to reunite with them but Fogerty, who at the time was refusing to play Creedence music, declined the offer.[3]

In 1996, the group increased the scope of their reunion, playing 190 shows over the course of the year before slowing to 100[5] and settling on 75 annual performances for around 15 years[5] at the behest of Clifford.[3] As the group passed their 20th anniversary, their annual touring dates were reduced to around 50.[5] The band has toured North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Asia.[4]

In 1997, John Fogerty sued Creedence Clearwater Revisited, saying that the band name confused the American public and led them to believe that John Fogerty was a part of the new band. The court agreed, and an injunction prevented the new band from using the name Creedence Clearwater Revisited any longer. The band changed its name to Cosmo's Factory, a name it had earlier considered and the name of the original band's 1970 album. The band appealed the ruling, and the U.S. Ninth Court of Appeals overturned the injunction, stating that there was no evidence that people were confused and led to believe that Fogerty was associated with the new band. The band immediately changed its name back to Creedence Clearwater Revisited.[6]

In 1998, the band released Recollection, an album composed of live versions of Creedence Clearwater Revival songs. Recollection was certified Platinum by the RIAA in 2007.[7]

In September 2017, Clifford ruled out any chance of Cook and himself reuniting with Fogerty, stating "It would have been great 20, 25 years ago. It's way too late now."[8]

In April 2019, Clifford and Cook said they would disband Creedence Clearwater Revisited and retire from touring following a farewell tour later that year.[9]

The decision appeared to have been reversed, as the band then continued to tour into the following year, with international performances in 2020 in New Zealand and Mexico. They then announced that further touring was "suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic".[10] As of February 2022, the band has not performed since February 29, 2020, when they were in Aguascalientes, Mexico (at Isla San Marcos, La Soberana Ama 2020).[10]
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

When I was listening I was thinking this same thing. 60 is bad defense in this day and age. The top 25-30 programs play a semblance of good defense. Outside of that top 25-30 you're as likely to give up 40 as 20 on any given weekend.
    One thing to hope for is creating more turnovers. I think that was supposed to be the goal of the new defense. Even if you give up more yards and scores, creating turnovers and sacks.