Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The rumor mill...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Jen allegedly made a promise to WSU not to leave the conference without them.

I do not know this to be true. It's a "What I'm hearing".

Would she even have that authority?

Ahh, the fog of war.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jen allegedly made a promise to WSU not to leave the conference without them.

I do not know this to be true. It's a "What I'm hearing".

Would she even have that authority?

Ahh, the fog of war.

She seems to be sentimental enough to say something like that. Especially as she sips on her 5th martini of the evening.

OTOH, she could just tell WSU that we will guarantee to continue booking the Apple Cup. Only problem there is if you think that series has been non-competitive as it stands, you ain't seen nothing, yet. Wait until WSU gets their WCC guys in there. It will turn into the equivalent of Alabama vs Alabama State.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    it’s the UW presidents call, not her.

but anyway, we probably fucked.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She is simply using the template from 1958 when UW reneged and Jim Sutherland’s team played independent from ‘58-‘61. It worked then for Washington and it will probably work now. Everyone seems to be rearranging the deck chairs until there is a Super League with 32 or 48 teams. WSU fans would accept being in the next down tier if they could put the speculative drama behind and just watch a competitive college football game on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

But what will dominate the headlines in the interim will be incessant pressure on WA legislators to keep “us” together when, in fact, there is no “us”.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What if Jen has seen some of the politicians out there trying to handcuff UW to WSU and to head that off, she’s making promises to WSU knowing she’ll cut them off at the right time?

It’s about as likely as Pup poasting here again but it’s possible.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

What if Jen has seen some of the politicians out there trying to handcuff UW to WSU and to head that off, she’s making promises to WSU knowing she’ll cut them off at the right time?

It’s about as likely as Pup poasting here again but it’s possible.

The crazy like a fox method. She’s playing chess under this scenario.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the subterfuge required at UW to pay players. I mean whatever works is great. Help those families find housing and the players too

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Put her in coach she ready
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When the Apple Cup becomes a non-con game, we? should demand that every game is played in Seattle. Maybe, maybe switch between Husky Stadium and Lumen Field. Or Jen goes Chamberlain on us? and agrees to play the Apple Cup in Ellensburg every year.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fat blonde women are known to lie to frienemies when discussing ditching a party
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Just put bananarama on a loop and that should cover all the rumors.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

When the Apple Cup becomes a non-con game, we? should demand that every game is played in Seattle. Maybe, maybe switch between Husky Stadium and Lumen Field. Or Jen goes Chamberlain on us? and agrees to play the Apple Cup in Ellensburg every year.

This makes too much sense. As such, I’m certain Jen’s fat white chick guilt will kick in and she will agree to play every game in Pullman.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,000
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

This makes too much sense. As such, I’m certain Jen’s fat white chick guilt will kick in and she will agree to play every game in Pullman.
    For the record Fat chick quilt is a real thing.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

LawDawg1 said:

Preaching to the choir here brother.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,000
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

LawDawg1 said:

Preaching to the choir here brother.

So you’re a fat chick? Or you’re banging a fat chick?