Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bet more than half you fuckers never used one of these and some will think it's an IUD

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taking 33.33 LPs and spreading the music across 2 x 45 RPM 12 inch records is all the rage in audiophile reissues. You probably heard one in my smoggy 1 bedroom Lynnwood apartment off Aurora.

But they all have normal spindle holes. No 45 rpm single adapter needed.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Throbber knows exactly what the intended use of that plastic piece is.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

I used those plenty as a kid but it took me a minute to remember WTF they were. I used to dig through my mom's old singer songwriter collection: James Taylor, Carly Simon, Joan Baez, America, et al trying to find something to do after school. We had this huge cabinet TV with a record player on one side.

At around age 10ish my brother and I got a Sony (or maybe Sanyo, not sure) record player/eight track system for Christmas along with Kiss Alive II on vinyl and Lennon Double Fantasy on 8 track.

Unfortunately we did not hang on to any vinyl. I have friends with stacks of records from the 60s and 70s, both singles and albums, that they inherited from their folks.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

89ute said:

I used those plenty as a kid but it took me a minute to remember WTF they were. I used to dig through my mom's old singer songwriter collection: James Taylor, Carly Simon, Joan Baez, America, et al trying to find something to do after school. We had this huge cabinet TV with a record player on one side.

At around age 10ish my brother and I got a Sony (or maybe Sanyo, not sure) record player/eight track system for Christmas along with Kiss Alive II on vinyl and Lennon Double Fantasy on 8 track.

Unfortunately we did not hang on to any vinyl. I have friends with stacks of records from the 60s and 70s, both singles and albums, that they inherited from their folks.
    I still have some of those, along with 45’s of the Monkees, Gordon Lightfoot, Tony Joe White, Creedence, Three Dog, et al…My folks listened to Glenn Miller, Tommy DorseyFrank Sinatra (Mom), Hank Williams O.G., and Bob Wills (who is still the King) for my dad…feeling really fucking old, but it’s better than the alternative…