Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FuboTV app

Has anyone used this app/service?

It looks good at a quick glance. Looking for some more real feedback.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's Larry Scott, Pac 12 grifter approved.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Every year I go through the streaming services to see if I’m gonna get a better deal/more options/better service.

Fubo is ranked as good for sports but there was something about it that made me stick with YouTubeTV.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Every year I go through the streaming services to see if I’m gonna get a better deal/more options/better service.

Fubo is ranked as good for sports but there was something about it that made me stick with YouTubeTV.

So you get all the games on YouTubeTV?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

So you get all the games on YouTubeTV?
    Almost everything. No Pac12 network and I don’t think get CBS Sportsnet or something like that. It’s usually 1 game a year I’ll wanna watch on CBS Sportsnet and typically it’s an early game of G5 or lower P5 schools that might be interesting.

I get all the conference networks and I think all the ESPN channels. The DVR set up is nice and one of my favorite parts about YouTubeTV is that I put my subscript on pause in February (football is about the only thing I watch on live tv).
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I put my DishTv on pause for 3 months while I try FUBOtv - they basically have the same thing as DishTv and you can get more. I do not do a lot of movies so did not get the premium package. I pay $84.99 (dish was up to $136) The guide is kind of good as you can select only the channels you want, and they have other selections based on subject, eg sports, family, news.

I did go with Fubo because PAC 12 football is on it - but you get thee same as garbage channels as any other subscription service. But the Mrs watches crap like that. No Turner channels, A&E. Saves me $51 a month. With Starlink for RVs I get dropped for local residential Starlinks so sometimes the rotating circle gets old. The DVR on Fubo is good. 1000 hrs, I will put it to the test during sporting season. I don't do baseball, NBA - I do English* soccer and college football - not the NFL

*never work and/or go drinking with a bunch of Brits for long periods of time
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    I used it last year, dropped it after football season and will pick it up again next month
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Thanks for everyone’s comments.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Does anyone have one of these? A friend was telling me about it. Supposedly 1000 channels, including premium stuff for a 1 time fee of $329. Pac12 network included along with some other conferences. I haven’t had a chance to look through everything to ensure it’s all the conference networks.

Doesn’t appear to have a DVR but has a function that allows you to watch for 7 days after the event.

https://superboxtv.shop/
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Does anyone have one of these? A friend was telling me about it. Supposedly 1000 channels, including premium stuff for a 1 time fee of $329. Pac12 network included along with some other conferences. I haven’t had a chance to look through everything to ensure it’s all the conference networks.

Doesn’t appear to have a DVR but has a function that allows you to watch for 7 days after the event.

Pretty intrigued by this. If they come up with a multi screen function so I don't have to buy two then I'll be more interested.

Plus there's the issue of my 15mbps internet limitation out in the sticks. If I could reliably stream I'd have YouTube of fubo and would already be content. Fuck you CenturyLink. If I did this I'd also have to send Elon Musk about $600 to get functional internet speed.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Pretty intrigued by this. If they come up with a multi screen function so I don't have to buy two then I'll be more interested.

Plus there's the issue of my 15mbps internet limitation out in the sticks. If I could reliably stream I'd have YouTube of fubo and would already be content. Fuck you CenturyLink. If I did this I'd also have to send Elon Musk about $600 to get functional internet speed.
    StarLink isn't that much other than the initial equipment purchase of $500 or so.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

StarLink isn't that much other than the initial equipment purchase of $500 or so.

Nah it's not much more than I'm paying CenturyLink. It lets me drop Dish, which keeps getting shittier as the price goes up. I think that's my first step.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Starlink is up to $699 for the equipment with initial setup (easier than shit to do) and residential was at $125 but I heard that the monthly went down. Starlink for RV just went up to $150 from $135.

If you need to raise the Starlink into the air flagpolebuddy.com has all the mounting stuff as does Starlink. I have the mounting pole on the back of my RV
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Starlink is up to $699 for the equipment with initial setup (easier than shit to do) and residential was at $125 but I heard that the monthly went down. Starlink for RV just went up to $150 from $135.

If you need to raise the Starlink into the air flagpolebuddy.com has all the mounting stuff as does Starlink. I have the mounting pole on the back of my RV

The Throbber was a Starlink OG beta user - equipment was $499 and $99 per month. Honestly haven't kept up with the monthly charges but still better than the crap connection previously that was costing me well over $200 per month. Always get at least 40 down and 10 up - most of the time way higher than that so sufficient for streaming.

Starlink probably allows Elon to listen in on sexy time with Mrs. Throbber v2.0 but a small price to pay for solid internet access at the GNR Compound.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I have Sling with the sports package. I'm sure there are betters out there, but I'm sick of fucking around with tech shit, logins, passwords, kids out-of-state not logging out on their phones & laptops, etc.

Just bring back Cable again. It was easier to be a lazy fuck before cutting the cord.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have Sling with the sports package. I'm sure there are betters out there, but I'm sick of fucking around with tech shit, logins, passwords, kids out-of-state not logging out on their phones & laptops, etc.

Just bring back Cable again. It was easier to be a lazy fuck before cutting the cord.
    DTV wireless is really good. I know I am old as fuck but it has all the locals and other channels and easy access to any apps you have. HBO Showtime and Starz with their On Demand

I figure you are paying 200 bucks regardless. Max comes with HBO and Prime is a great deal. That's my lineup. Goes anywhere I go

Comcrap Xfinity is 80 bucks a month for full stream wireless
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    an update on Fubo - we have two users on it, so when you change users it doesn't just jump to the other user it reboots. Real pain in the arse. Good part is never have to re-enter PW. And as usual you get tons of channels no one would ever watch or at least never admit to it.

I am not sold on streaming yet - DishTv is easier than shit but pricey
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

an update on Fubo - we have two users on it, so when you change users it doesn't just jump to the other user it reboots. Real pain in the arse. Good part is never have to re-enter PW. And as usual you get tons of channels no one would ever watch or at least never admit to it.

I am not sold on streaming yet - DishTv is easier than shit but pricey

Dish is absolute shit. My package hasn't changed, aside from losing root sports and never getting it back, but went up over $30/month because my 2 year contract expired and I refused to sign on for 3 more to keep my price locked.

$130/ month for nothing special at all. I use streaming (Max, Disney, Prime) to get commercial free movies etc additional cost of about $40/month.

Having a hard time pulling the trigger but my options are to keep letting Dish give me the rusty cheese grater treatment or start sending the Bond villain a similar amount for faster internet and go full streaming. Fuckin' gay.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We dumped dish for fubo, it’s not bad but can be cumbersome. We have three tvs, and the starting process is different for each of them. Also, our main tv, a Samsung, is very temperamental with it. It will freeze, which is remedied by unplugging and re-booting. It is also not efficient switching from Netflix to Fubo…

We switched because of cost, Root, and PAC 9 network (the wife must watch her Dwags)

It brings back memories of my time spent as my father’s personal remote control back in the day…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

We dumped dish for fubo, it’s not bad but can be cumbersome. We have three tvs, and the starting process is different for each of them. Also, our main tv, a Samsung, is very temperamental with it. It will freeze, which is remedied by unplugging and re-booting. It is also not efficient switching from Netflix to Fubo…

We switched because of cost, Root, and PAC 9 network (the wife must watch her Dwags)

It brings back memories of my time spent as my father’s personal remote control back in the day

I look back on the antennae days of my youth as a dark period of child abuse. It was a brutal trudge. Snow, rain, shine, complete darkness with dangerous critters stalking every move, uphill both ways... All of that just to spin that damn antennae until they shouted that it was "good" (meaning the shadow and snow effect on the screen wasn't completely obscuring the picture).

Later we had the first satellite dish on the hill. It was a 7'-8' diameter abomination that, you guessed it, also often required trudging out there and hand cranking it to a new position when changing channels.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Starlink $150/m*, Fubo $85/m, Paramount free with t-mobile or $70/m, DishTV on pause $5, do not use Netflix, Prime or Youtube. It is all a rip off. I don't use my phone so I dropped t-mobile for ATT yearly $300/y - the t-mobile is for she who must be obeyed.

Way too much money for me, but not for she. And now Stalin is doing a money grab... good thing I am a cheap bastard when it comes to HCH.

*more per month than residential and they give preference to residential service during peak hours. So unlimited is limited.

DishTv sucks but is easier than shit to operate and rarely, ok never, has the little endless circle spinning around on the screen like a typical streaming service

@chuck when I lived in a house I switched from Dish to Direct then to Comcast then back to Dish ... every 2 years when they jerked the prices up. So I always had satellite dishes hanging around the property with spools of cable wire from them upgrading every switch.