Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Follow the money

georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,963 Swaye's Wigwam
Grifters gonna grift. And one of the best ways to do this is by labeling an org as a Hate Group and then raise money off it. Latest "hate group" is a bunch of suburban moms who don't want their kids indoctrinated. Shameful indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwQimmpuSY

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,593 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2023
    Didn’t watch it, but I assume it’s Moms for Liberty.

https://thehill.com/opinion/education/4086179-six-reasons-why-moms-for-liberty-is-an-extremist-organization/

3. The front cover of “The Parent Brigade,” the newsletter of the Hamilton County, Ind., chapter of Moms for Liberty, recently carried a quote from Adolf Hitler: “He alone, who OWNS the youth, gains the future.” At a media training session at last week’s summit, Christian Ziegler, chair of Florida’s Republican Party (and Bridget Ziegler’s husband), questioned the decision of chapter leaders to apologize: “The media is not your friend … Never apologize. Apologizing makes you weak.”

Sounds like a simple indoctrination protest to me.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    I know someone in Moms for liberty. Quite lucid. I know, hard to believe.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,976 Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/education/4086179-six-reasons-why-moms-for-liberty-is-an-extremist-organization/

3. The front cover of “The Parent Brigade,” the newsletter of the Hamilton County, Ind., chapter of Moms for Liberty, recently carried a quote from Adolf Hitler: “He alone, who OWNS the youth, gains the future.” At a media training session at last week’s summit, Christian Ziegler, chair of Florida’s Republican Party (and Bridget Ziegler’s husband), questioned the decision of chapter leaders to apologize: “The media is not your friend … Never apologize. Apologizing makes you weak.”

Then he follows up with an assessment. Kind of like the kid giving the book report who hasn't read the book. It's only Monday and Mello has a week's worth of embarrassment.
    At least now he's admitting his opinions are uninformed
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,832 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

For Christ's sake Mello. Shilling for the Marxists.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 32,005
    Sources said:

MelloDawg said:

Then he follows up with an assessment. Kind of like the kid giving the book report who hasn't read the book. It's only Monday and Mello has a week's worth of embarrassment.
    At least now he's admitting his opinions are uninformed
    A fact already abundantly in evidence.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    SPLC > BLM at the grift
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,377 Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

For Christ's sake Mello. Shilling for the Marxists.
    Mello is a lost cause. Sad but true.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,045 Founders Club
    “He alone, who OWNS the youth, gains the future.”

Look its never a good idea to use a Hitler quote. Whether the Hoosiers knew it or not is unclear

But the quote itself is official leftist, democratic party, teachers union, policy

That is far more disturbing
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 32,005
    SPLC put up a page on their website after Trump was elected asking for anyone who had experienced a "hate crime" to fill out an online form detailing the "crime." They then used these self-reported "hate" crimes to talk about the explosion in hate that Trump's election had unleashed. There was no verification made of any of these events. CNN and other media outlets reported as if these "hate crimes" had really happened. Anyone could fill out the on-line form and say that a cross had been burnt on their lawn or that the N-word had been spray painted on their house and it was added to the tally of "hate" that was sweeping the country.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    I believe it was The Atlantic sometime in the last few years that had a rather unsavory look at the SPLC. Pretty well sourced from my memory.