Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Many In-State Prospects Can Washington Land?

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Thanks Taft!

This article has been marked safe from DRFS.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven't paid attention to it in awhile but this staff has always seemed to like central California kids over pussy WA kids. Maybe it's just their connections though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I haven't paid attention to it in awhile but this staff has always seemed to like central California kids over pussy WA kids. Maybe it's just their connections though.

No I think it's exactly what you said. Washington kids suck.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Feels like it's dropped off overall. Parents, kids, schools, blame to go around.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Feels like it's dropped off overall. Parents, kids, schools, blame to go around.
    Yeah one could go on all day and only hit half of the reasons why. One I could ant about all day is that most of the athletically capable kids, at least the ones with means, get turned into 7 on 7 and gym workout princesses at some faggy academy.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The "WA 4/5 star" is real. Give me the Cali kids every tim.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Seems like the prospects instate have really fallen off a cliff in the last 5 years or so. Certainly isn't comforting that they seem to really struggle to sign any though.

It's like something happened to schools around 2020

oh there's something I so desperately wish to post, but won't cause it ain't the Tug
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Could this year be the first in the history of the program where UW doesn't sign a single player from Washington?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Could this year be the first in the history of the program where UW doesn't sign a single player from Washington?

There’s not a lot of options left who are still considering UW, 4 of the 6 blue chips didn’t even give UW the time of day with the only ones still in play being the O’Dea guys Brown and McDonald. Beyond that, there’s a few who are borderline takes like Marquawn McCraney and Rashawn Clark.

But like others have said the value of these Washington recruits is questionable at best after so many disappointments, so who knows how hard DeBoer guns for that next tier. He might not have a choice though given the lack of commits overall
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

There’s not a lot of options left who are still considering UW, 4 of the 6 blue chips didn’t even give UW the time of day with the only ones still in play being the O’Dea guys Brown and McDonald. Beyond that, there’s a few who are borderline takes like Marquawn McCraney and Rashawn Clark.

But like others have said the value of these Washington recruits is questionable at best after so many disappointments, so who knows how hard DeBoer guns for that next tier. He might not have a choice though given the lack of commits overall
    Right now Brown seems like the only one who is a take who is considering UW. Not even dooging I think the rest might actually be WDWA or the staff feels they can legit get someone just as good who isn't from Washington. I saw that Ahfua put in an interview something about the idea of playing in Seattle after being dismissive of UW for a long time which makes me think everywhere else is cooling on him.