Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,169 Founders Club
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,489 Founders Club
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,678 Standard Supporter
    We should start gambling on which sports will be cut in 2025

#StadiumDefault isn’t just a Cal too high thing. The half brains have been assuming a default for a long time.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

We should start gambling on which sports will be cut in 2025

#StadiumDefault isn’t just a Cal too high thing. The half brains have been assuming a default for a long time.

I always said that the consequence of this wasn't going to be deprecation of football quality.

It was always going to be cutting all of the fluff sports.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,274 Founders Club
    It will be football and women's sports because title 9

Men lose unless they transition
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023

Won't be football.

Too much money tied to it.

Seattle is Climate Pledge until the Pledge isn't convenient.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,266 Founders Club

Me and @whlinder will be fine. We're? rich AF and can afford the finest in flooring.

haie said:

Won't be football.

Too much money tied to it.

Seattle is Climate Pledge until the Pledge isn't convenient.
    I mean that is what survives
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,232
    curious timing for this article to drop just ahead of the alleged tv contract.

im not saying our? ad is strategic enough to do this but I guess a broken watch is right twice a day.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,827

What if we just had all the football players identify as female?
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,977 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

This. Title IX has been eviscerated by pharmaceutical profiteering progress and science
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,958 Founders Club
    Makes me wonder that if the USC rumors are true, Jen might want to bail on UW just to sidestep the financial fiasco that is drawing nigh
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,169 Founders Club
    edited June 2023
    LawDawg1 said:

Didn’t Luke Wattenberg already do that?
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,678 Standard Supporter

Makes me wonder that if the USC rumors are true, Jen might want to bail on UW just to sidestep the financial fiasco that is drawing nigh

So of the remaining Pac-10, which schools are in bad financial shape?

WSU- yes
    Cal- absolutely
    Stanford- doubtful, but no chance sports are making an operating profit, it is all on donors like our rowing team
    Oregon- better than Stanford since they have football fans. Also have the donor aspect, with the focus on the singular
    Utah- ?
    Colorado- fully dependent on Deion to make money
    ASU-?
    Arizona-?
    OSU- no chance they're in good shape

Whole conference seems like it's spiraling down.
    The Pacific Coast League spiraling

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,087
    edited June 2023
    whlinder said:

Me and @whlinder will be fine. We're? rich AF and can afford the finest in flooring.

End of days sports for UW are football, Men’s hoops, rowing, and whatever is necessary to offset football scholarships.

Rowing is going to get so much cash when the movie drops. Getting paid for beating Hitler 87 years later is speshul.
    There is a pretty good argument that it is the most grand sporting accomplishment in the history of the university, and possibly the Pac 8; though some Troojan bootlicker will come tell me about some 4x100 meter relay record that nobody cares about.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,087
    whlinder said:

So of the remaining Pac-10, which schools are in bad financial shape?

WSU- yes
    Cal- absolutely
    Stanford- doubtful, but no chance sports are making an operating profit, it is all on donors like our rowing team
    Oregon- better than Stanford since they have football fans. Also have the donor aspect, with the focus on the singular
    Utah- ?
    Colorado- fully dependent on Deion to make money
    ASU-?
    Arizona-?
    OSU- no chance they're in good shape

Whole conference seems like it's spiraling down.
    What Oregon has that will survive Phil's death is a massive football endowment, which I'm sure will increase again when he dies. I'm sure track does too.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,713 Founders Club

saturdayoutwest.com is your source?

Vorel’s report also indicated that UW’s athletic department has restructured its payments on the loan that financed Husky Stadium in 2012. The athletic department will make interest-only payments through fiscal 2025, but when principal payments resume in fiscal 2026, Vorel’s report states the payment will jump from $9.8 million a year to $17.7 million a year.

Hopefully this indicates UW is in the B1G by 2026. That's a huge jump in payments on the stadium.
    Without knowing the details, it would have seemed reasonable to issue long term tax free muni bonds at a low interest rate when rates were at zero, couldn’t they still do that?