Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cheers - Last Call Final Scene

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,083
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    THUD

I never liked Cheers but I thought this clip would get people reminiscing. I thought wrong.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,958
    Swaye's Wigwam

THUD

I never liked Cheers but I thought this clip would get people reminiscing. I thought wrong.

Was never into that show. A little before my time.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

THUD

Loved Cheers, I was younger than Peter Puffer Rower, but my dads watched it routinely. The theme song was quintessential 80's, and the show was the catalyst for many well known actors.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cheers was a big weekly event in my family. Early teen Chuck wanted to do ugly things to Dianne and even Lilith.

I'd never watch it now though. The only character I really remember fondly was Carla's ex husband Nick. He was pretty damn funny.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Always felt like the most overrated show ever to me. Lots of recognizable faces, incredibly dull show. Like Yella I must be too young.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,420
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Launched Woody Harrelson and Kelsey Grammer

Hasn't aged well
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Was must-see my last two years of kollej (first two years of the show) prior to hitting the bars on Thursday nights
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Always felt like the most overrated show ever to me. Lots of recognizable faces, incredibly dull show. Like Yella I must be too young.

It was actually fairly edgy for the 80s, until it wasn't anymore. A character like Sam would never be a leading man these days, but he did open the door for other dumb, "lovable"goofs (Al Bundy or Tool Time, for example)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sometimes when my mom would bring my old man one of his six nightly beers, he would say "Thanks, Diane!"

There are some strong similarities to my own upbringing there. The exception is that my mom would never in a million years go get him one of his nightly six pack. I would though, and I'd take a big chug before I handed it over.
    That was part of the deal.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,958
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Sometimes when my mom would bring my old man one of his six nightly beers, he would say "Thanks, Diane!"

There are some strong similarities to my own upbringing there. The exception is that my mom would never in a million years go get him one of his nightly six pack. I would though, and I'd take a big chug before I handed it over.
    That was part of the deal.
    I’ve definitely fetched my old man a lot of beers in my youth. But my mom (Diane) got 81 percent of them. We lived a very 1950s lifestyle and my mom was stay at home until I had gone off to college.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,548
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Same time frame - I always thought Taxi was better and iirc Cheers was the lead in to Taxi. or maybe not,

Either one was better than Seinfeld...