Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woman who threw her 2 young kids off Portland bridge dies in prison

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Reminds me of the Susan Smith story, the mother that drowned her two kids in 1994 by driving her car into a lake. It was a big story and was on the national TV news program and my five year old daughter would catch the story. It showed up on the cover of Newsweek which I subscribed to pre-internet (cheap at the time if you claimed to be a student subscriber). I was reading the story when my daughter saw the cover and came and sat with me and thought for a while and said, "The mommy didn't even love the baby?"

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club

Reminds me of the Susan Smith story, the mother that drowned her two kids in 1994 by driving her car into a lake. It was a big story and was on the national TV news program and my five year old daughter would catch the story. It showed up on the cover of Newsweek which I subscribed to pre-internet (cheap at the time if you claimed to be a student subscriber). I was reading the story when my daughter saw the cover and came and sat with me and thought for a while and said, "The mommy didn't even love the baby?"

That happened on the day of the Washington-Stanford game in Palo Alto. I was there in the pouring rain. Huskies lost to Scott Frost 46-28. Napoleon took a handoff on a draw play and had a giant hole to run through ---- but slipped and fell untouched.

The Husky Marching Band got into a scuffle with the Stanford band. One of the Husky musicians tackled the Stanford Tree. Someone sitting right behind me yelled "band faggots!"

Strange the details we remember.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

Today's headline

We're killing our kids and that's a good thing
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    those kids would have been in their early 30s now