Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    The big shoes he has to fill are Wayne Tauluapapas?

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,871
    edited June 2023

A lot of people are forgetting that this kid was a 3rd string running back for Arizona State.

Damn even herm beat you guys twice lol

Weird I thought he graduated.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635

Time for a Ngata accomplishment check.

1. Ariel - Ngata
    2. Joseph "Best WR recruit of all time" - Ngata
    3. Daniyel - Ngata

crisped
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,960 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Ngata is the least interesting RB on the roster for me. I've watched some clips and he doesn't look quick, fast, or powerful. I don't see a skill there that justifies his presence on the depth chart. Maybe he's a good blocker.

If he's great and my foot ends up in my mouth then good for him. I'm hoping to see at least Davis, Johnson, Adams, and the freshman ahead of him. Nixon wouldn't surprise me either.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,390 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I think Ngata is the least interesting RB on the roster for me. I've watched some clips and he doesn't look quick, fast, or powerful. I don't see a skill there that justifies his presence on the depth chart. Maybe he's a good blocker.

If he's great and my foot ends up in my mouth then good for him. I'm hoping to see at least Davis, Johnson, Adams, and the freshman ahead of him. Nixon wouldn't surprise me either.

Seems like best case he's a slightly better Nixon or Jackson to me. Taking another back after Johnson I would have wanted to see a big back who can get 1-2 yards when needed because that seemed to be a big issue last year.

chuck said:

Seems like best case he's a slightly better Nixon or Jackson to me. Taking another back after Johnson I would have wanted to see a big back who can get 1-2 yards when needed because that seemed to be a big issue last year.
    That really wasn't a problem after the early season though. My memory is that Davis was extremely successful at short yardage from early/mid season onward (13 tds mostly short plunges plus a ton of first downs) and I'm pretty sure the stats back that up.

Rather than power I feel like UW lacks RBs who constantly threaten the defense with big playmaking ability. As much as I hate to say so, I wish there was a guy like Irving at Oregon who can refuse to go down and then juke and outrun guys who should've had him. I don't see it in Davis or anyone else, aside from maybe Adams (who looks really fast and aggressive to me but must be lacking something) or the true freshman.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,371
    Nip ain't walking through that door @chuck The Boner will utilize alot of long handoff aka dump offs this yr to adjust for the lack of speed speed speed
    dannarc said:

Nip ain't walking through that door @chuck The Boner will utilize alot of long handoff aka dump offs this yr to adjust for the lack of speed speed speed

One way I look at it's this: Taulapapa was not a real athletic RB, had very little power and very little short area quickness but had good vision and balance to go with average open field speed. He still housed a couple of pretty long ones last year because 1) this offense springs guys a lot, and 2) the blocking, especially on the edge of the line, was exceptional.

It doesn't have to be Kauffman. Beno Bryant would be an amazing platoon RB in this offense. Anyone with the speed and knack for housing it when the opportunity is there would've put a few more TDs on the board last season.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,556 Founders Club
    We just need a dude who can not be last place in the PAC in broken tackles.