Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This comes as no surprise

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
In a peer reviewed research/study that was just recently published in Current Psychology, it was determined that left wing nuts are high on narcissism and authoritarianism resulting in psychopathic behavior.

They don't necessarily care about their cause as much as they are driven by hatred of people that disagree with their feelings. It is all about them. They want to vacuum up all the me, me, me attention they can drum up.

To 95% of those on the Tug, this is not surprising at all, it would actually be the expected outcome if we had known anyone was brave enough to fund and then research such a topic.

Fascinating article. It puts in words what we already knew to be a reality playing out before our eyes.

Every rat I know can't stand having their feelings challenged with facts. They throw fits, call names, storm out, disown anyone who proves them wrong. In the last 10 years they only surround themselves with like minded individuals so that no one can possibly prove them wrong and hurt their feelings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/left-wing-extremism-linked-to-psychopathy-and-narcissism-study/ar-AA1bH44o?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=e74efa8058af4216b76715fd7b5b1313&ei=25

Left-wing extremism linked to psychopathy and narcissism: study

“Based on existing research, we expected individuals with higher levels of left-wing authoritarianism to also report higher levels of narcissism,” the authors wrote.

As result of the new data, study authors Ann Krispenz and Alex Bertrams have coined a new term for such psychological behavior: the “dark-ego-vehicle principle.”

“According to this principle, individuals with dark personalities — such as high narcissistic and psychopathic traits — are attracted to certain forms of political and social activism which they can use as a vehicle to satisfy their own ego-focused needs instead of actually aiming at social justice and equality,” they told PsyPost.

Left-wing extremism is tied to narcissism more than it is to supporting social causes, according to new research.

“In particular, certain forms of activism might provide them with opportunities for positive self-presentation and displays of moral superiority, to gain social status, to dominate others, and to engage in social conflicts and aggression to satisfy their need for thrill seeking.”

The study on left-wing authoritarianism also showed that many times they do not practice what they so loudly preach.

“An individual high in LWA might declare anyone to be ‘old fashioned’ who is opposing their own ‘progressive values,’ strive to suppress free speech to regulate the expression of right-wing beliefs in educational institutions, and even endorse the use of violence to reach their own political goals,” the authors said.

Beyond using any means necessary, people of privileged backgrounds who are aligned with LWA often use their narcissism to make activism solely about themselves instead of achieving social equality for struggling groups.

“Minority groups should be made aware of the narcissistic ‘enemies’ from within their activist movement, as these individuals could hijack the cause thereby reducing the success of the activism in many ways,” the authors added.

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Nails the Dazzler to a T

You think someone claiming two mythical graduate degrees is exhibiting narcissistic behavior? Now, if they also claimed to be a star high school QB then I might be able to get on board.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Nails the Dazzler to a T

You think someone claiming two mythical graduate degrees is exhibiting narcissistic behavior? Now, if they also claimed to be a star high school QB then I might be able to get on board.
    heyooo
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,534
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “In particular, certain forms of activism might provide them with opportunities for positive self-presentation and displays of moral superiority, to gain social status, to dominate others, and to engage in social conflicts and aggression to satisfy their need for thrill seeking.”

I have previously stated several times, the Left views their moral superiority based on how much they hate Trump and looking down on those who voted for him.

We've all seen this woman in the video, in person or on this board. (And of course the woman is from PDX).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakB2ipNgFs
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have previously stated several times, the Left views their moral superiority based on how much they hate Trump and looking down on those who voted for him.

We've all seen this woman in the video, in person or on this board. (And of course the woman is from PDX).

I’m not sure but, I think her husband lost his mother.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nails the Dazzler to a T

I'm so extreme!
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Nails the Dazzler to a T

I'm so extreme!
    Man-boy love and taking showers with little girls is definitely not extreme.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

Nails the Dazzler to a T

I'm so extreme!
    Are you and Sled married?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Leftards seem so happy. Imagine the misery of having to deal with that bitch on a daily basis. Just don't call them authoritarians.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,534
    Swaye's Wigwam

Leftards seem so happy. Imagine the misery of having to deal with that bitch on a daily basis. Just don't call them authoritarians.
    Short haircut, flat chested. Probably has an English degree from an all-women's college. I bet her husband has had the same look since his wedding day.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

Nails the Dazzler to a T

I'm so extreme!
    What if they are. Bigot?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    HHusky said:

RoadTrip said:

HHusky said:

Nails the Dazzler to a T

I'm so extreme!
    Dazzler. The bathhouse barrister.