Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dawgman sheeple distressed over USC's interest in Cohen

Can't wait for the day Griswold instructs his followers to "guzzle the Merlot that drinks like a Cab but with a cyanide aftertaste ;)"

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't trust UW to get an AD hire right. Does anyone here? Do you feel confident they won't downgrade?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    allah is about answer my prayers
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Chris Petersen?
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'd bet this ends up just being a Ryan Grubb situation... if they end up taking her, oh well.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I'm in the oh well camp for the record. I don't like Cohen. I like to try upgrading so I'd be excited about an AD aearch.

What I do think is that she at least tries to balance competitiveness with wokeness or WTF ever it is. Her approach isn't entirely one sided like a Todd Turner, but the slow acceptance of what NIL requires, the Ramming hire, pursuit of Matt Campbell when Deboer was out there, and obviously a few other things, all make it clear that someone way better could be had.

Like I said, though, UW is capable of doing far worse and I expect they'd prove it if she left. The safer thing for now would be for her to stay.

I agree with your first two paragraphs and as for your third, I hadn't thought of it that way before. It might be a good point.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

I'm in the oh well camp for the record. I don't like Cohen. I like to try upgrading so I'd be excited about an AD aearch.

What I do think is that she at least tries to balance competitiveness with wokeness or WTF ever it is. Her approach isn't entirely one sided like a Todd Turner, but the slow acceptance of what NIL requires, the Ramming hire, pursuit of Matt Campbell when Deboer was out there, and obviously a few other things, all make it clear that someone way better could be had.

Like I said, though, UW is capable of doing far worse and I expect they'd prove it if she left. The safer thing for now would be for her to stay.

I agree with your first two paragraphs and as for your third, I hadn't thought of it that way before. It might be a good point.
    It’s the script.jif
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

How many Brinks trucks would it take for a "Name Brand" AD to take a PAC 12 jerb right now? They are on the hook for Jimmy and staff as well, with no media deal and daily rumors of conference implosion (insert "Implosion" gif here)...If Cohen goes to SC, Pete may be the only option for "us"...that, or a new fish...not a good time to be on the market for a home run hire...