Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big if true

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Would you trade the 91 natty for Oregon’s success the past 15 years? I think it’s a tougher question for someone like me who was too young to experience 91. I’d also factor in that UW probably recruits better locally in the 2010s and past few years if they’re more successful in that era and the brand is bigger at a crucial time with the PAC-12 dying and NIL.

Anyone under the age of 37ish who answers no to this is a liar
    There's somebody here other than Fudgie that's under 37?
    Our two biggest demographics here (including lurkers) are 25-34 and 35-44.
    My people
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    Founders Club
    edited May 2023
    Doogles said:

@WoolleyDoog is getting shredded in this thread

I love me some @WoolleyDoog

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wish I could tell you he got murdered and his account got hacked.

Mods?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    46XiJCAB said:

One thing is for sure Oregon will never win a 1/2 Championship.

Also for sure that you would kill to have one.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For the record I wouldn’t trade it even though I’m on that 37 year old line where I don’t actually remember a single thing prior to 95 really. I did have VHS tapes of the 92 Rose Bowl and a lot of the 91 games I watched a lot in high school and I think things were a lot bigger deals back then than they are in the past 20 years with how splintered the culture and media are. I’d also add that the 91 team is objectively considered a goat team regionally and nationally with non idiots which factors in. It’s not like Colorado’s natty or some team that won with a loss or a down year.

Some context to also consider is how hard it is. Ohio State the last 20 years has one and they barely got into the CFP that year. Since the 70s they only also have the 2002 one which was won on a controversial call.

In the time since around 91 Texas has one, Notre Dame has one, Georgia has zero until two years ago, Michigan has one. It’s really fucking hard. Plenty of teams have lost titles games.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,055
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

For the record I wouldn’t trade it even though I’m on that 37 year old line where I don’t actually remember a single thing prior to 95 really. I did have VHS tapes of the 92 Rose Bowl and a lot of the 91 games I watched a lot in high school and I think things were a lot bigger deals back then than they are in the past 20 years with how splintered the culture and media are. I’d also add that the 91 team is objectively considered a goat team regionally and nationally with non idiots which factors in. It’s not like Colorado’s natty or some team that won with a loss or a down year.

Some context to also consider is how hard it is. Ohio State the last 20 years has one and they barely got into the CFP that year. Since the 70s they only also have the 2002 one which was won on a controversial call.

In the time since around 91 Texas has one, Notre Dame has one, Georgia has zero until two years ago, Michigan has one. It’s really fucking hard. Plenty of teams have lost titles games.

Deboer has been using the phrase: "Winners win because that's what winners do."

Sounds like something he got from the boards tbh but it's true. No room for narrative once you get the banner flyin
  • Options
    dirtydrugsdawgdirtydrugsdawg Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

Would you trade the 91 natty for Oregon’s success the past 15 years? I think it’s a tougher question for someone like me who was too young to experience 91. I’d also factor in that UW probably recruits better locally in the 2010s and past few years if they’re more successful in that era and the brand is bigger at a crucial time with the PAC-12 dying and NIL.

Anyone under the age of 37ish who answers no to this is a liar
    There's somebody here other than Fudgie that's under 37?
    Our two biggest demographics here (including lurkers) are 25-34 and 35-44.
    My people
    Your grandkids.