Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Target holds 'emergency' meeting over LGBTQ merchandise in some stores to avoid ‘Bud Light situation

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,252
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They don't have the display up at all in our local Target.

I get why they do this chit, what I don't understand is who thinks its a good idea? There is nothing to be gained. There aren't enough trannies around to gain sales, so why risk your brand? Again, I get it, they are liberals who want to shape culture towards the rat side of things, but they are a business first with shareholders who could give a chit about men wearing bikinis that hide their dicks (so fucked up).

The modern day leaders of these brands had nothing to do with building them. They don't have any sweat equity in familiarizing the world with a brand name and doing whatever it takes to draw patrons in. That is why this is happening. Even with that understanding, it makes zero sense. Stay focused on business and stop the virtue signaling and they will come.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2023

I get why they do this chit, what I don't understand is who thinks its a good idea? There is nothing to be gained. There aren't enough trannies around to gain sales, so why risk your brand? Again, I get it, they are liberals who want to shape culture towards the rat side of things, but they are a business first with shareholders who could give a chit about men wearing bikinis that hide their dicks (so fucked up).

The modern day leaders of these brands had nothing to do with building them. They don't have any sweat equity in familiarizing the world with a brand name and doing whatever it takes to draw patrons in. That is why this is happening. Even with that understanding, it makes zero sense. Stay focused on business and stop the virtue signaling and they will come.

The liberal response to this obvious take (why make political statements as a business that has nothing to gain from it) is "it's not a political statement that's trans exist!"

To which I reply yes it is. Trans shouldn't exist. Trans is completely and utterly fucking insane. They should be in a mental house. Or they are just dudes who like to cross dress. Which is fine, but other people don't need to feed their delusion that they actually are a chick lol
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The liberal response to this obvious take (why make political statements as a business that has nothing to gain from it) is "it's not a political statement that's trans exist!"

To which I reply yes it is. Trans shouldn't exist. Trans is completely and utterly fucking insane. They should be in a mental house. Or they are just dudes who like to cross dress. Which is fine, but other people don't need to feed their delusion that they actually are a chick lol
    @TheKobeStopper (RIP) says you're a bigot for not wanting to bang trannies.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Their market research must be telling them they can get away with it and will grow sales as time goes on.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Seth Dillon has a great thread on how Women can end this woke BS very easily. Stop partaking in it today.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Seth Dillon has a great thread on how Women can end this woke BS very easily. Stop partaking in it today.

But they'll keep voting for it instead
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Their market research must be telling them they can get away with it and will grow sales as time goes on.

There’s no business case on the inventory turns that make sense. Probably an ESG one though that does.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

YBFE ever. I could care less if you want to cut your dick off and play woman. Go fir it. Live and let live. But do not expect me to embrace your decisions or call you a woman. You aren't, just cause you feel like you are. Your weird fetish proclivities will not get my admiration or approval. Do whatever you want, but leave me the fuck out of it. I think you are a weirdo. Go be weird somewhere else, and have fun doing it. Stop trying to make me support it. IDGAF.
    Like I don't even think the trannies of like early 2000s and the 90s expected people to think they were actually women lol

This is a new thing and it's purely political
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    Founders Club
    So only direct results can be measured I guess now.

But Trump incited violence.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

If so, they need to hire a different and competent market research team.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter
    Pretty sure they avoided gay pride month in the Middle East. Target has stores in UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. So brave. So stupid.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited May 2023

46XiJCAB said:

But they'll keep voting for it instead
    When Target was the first to allow mentally ill dudes into their bathrooms as long as they posed as women there was NOT enough outrage. So like progressive always do they push just a little bit further to test the waters. I think this pride shit has come at a time when women are saying enough.

There's a boycott taking place and women are leading it. The Left doesn't understand because they can't define what exactly a woman is. I think they're about to find out. They make a stand against Target and other companies will take notice.

FTR, I saw none of this in my favorite FM store.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ESG scores, baby