Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who has the most talented wide receiver room in the Pac-12?

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I hate the WR rankings in general. 80% of those rankings are dependent on who's throwing them the football.

1) USC (Williams raises the level for anybody at the WR position)

2) UW (Penix is the same, but I give Williams a slight nod, and I think USC WRs athletically have the most upside)

3) Oregon (Give Troy Franklin Penix or Williams, and he's the best WR in the conference. Nix is much improved, but Nix isn't close to the passer that Williams and Penix are)

4-12 - Who gives a flying fuck...
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon. They now have 2 guys that can stretch the field. uw has zero. Nix was the most accurate CFB QB for throws beyond 20 yards last year according to PFF.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,391
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate the WR rankings in general. 80% of those rankings are dependent on who's throwing them the football.

1) USC (Williams raises the level for anybody at the WR position)

2) UW (Penix is the same, but I give Williams a slight nod, and I think USC WRs athletically have the most upside)

3) Oregon (Give Troy Franklin Penix or Williams, and he's the best WR in the conference. Nix is much improved, but Nix isn't close to the passer that Williams and Penix are)

4-12 - Who gives a flying fuck...

Arizona is at least a deserved notation at 4. Cowing is just as good as any WR in the conference. Tetraioa McMillan was super impressive last year and could have the highest ceiling of any WR in the conference. They got shit after that, but USC's depth is suspect after their top one (who is an Arizona transfer) and Oregon's a question mark after Franklin (despite with what you're all about to reply with about the Bama gun transfer and a guy who had 800 yards and four TDs in the Sun Belt.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon. They now have 2 guys that can stretch the field. uw has zero. Nix was the most accurate CFB QB for throws beyond 20 yards last year according to PFF.

Lol at a minimum UW has 3 receivers that can stretch the field. Nix sucks Penix. Franklin is good and almost willed Oregon to a victory over UW last year but he can't do it all. We shall see how good GB3 is this year.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

This actually is retarded. Or Oregon really sucks at pass defense

And we? know they suck at run defense
    If Polk would have entered the transfer portal seeking a #1 or #2 role Oregon would have been all over that. And yes, Franklin is a very good player.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,391
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's a lot to be excited about with Oregon's WR room. Don't think it's fair to put it above or at UW going into the season though.

Franklin - Really good but no one is putting him ahead of either McMillan or Odunze right now.
    Holden - Almost no production last year not against Utah State, Louisiana-Monroe and Vandy. Bama has the least exciting WR room they've had in decades and if they wanted him, he'd be there.
    Tez - Ultra small. Four TDs last year in the Sun Belt. 1 TD second half of the season. A lot to prove.
    Bryant Jr - Very good 2021 season and could be a real good #2 or #3 if he gets that back but his production was equal to Ja'Lynn

Germie Bernard is a big wild card for UW. Could be an unreal #4 or even #3. Seems at the least he pushed Taj Davis out, which is a great sign.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There's a lot to be excited about with Oregon's WR room. Don't think it's fair to put it above or at UW going into the season though.

Franklin - Really good but no one is putting him ahead of either McMillan or Odunze right now.
    Holden - Almost no production last year not against Utah State, Louisiana-Monroe and Vandy. Bama has the least exciting WR room they've had in decades and if they wanted him, he'd be there.
    Tez - Ultra small. Four TDs last year in the Sun Belt. 1 TD second half of the season. A lot to prove.
    Bryant Jr - Very good 2021 season and could be a real good #2 or #3 if he gets that back but his production was equal to Ja'Lynn

Germie Bernard is a big wild card for UW. Could be an unreal #4 or even #3. Seems at the least he pushed Taj Davis out, which is a great sign.

No one in their right mind is taking Oregon's WR room over UW's.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

With Nix, I agree on Franklin. But if you match Franklin with Penix, Franklin is much better than he is at Oregon.

46XiJCAB said:

Lol at a minimum UW has 3 receivers that can stretch the field. Nix sucks Penix. Franklin is good and almost willed Oregon to a victory over UW last year but he can't do it all. We shall see how good GB3 is this year.
    I laffed.
    dnc said:

NFL draft has Franklin one spot behind Rome. McMillan not even a top-10. No one in their right mind should have him over Franklin. He’s gonna ball out this year.

GB 7 catches and 128 yards 2-TD’s. Probably flips at least one more tim.

Johnson was ranked #14 of the top-50 portal WR’s. He probably sucks though.

Hutson had 44 catches. Guy makes clutch catches.

Holden and Bryant are the wildcards. Both with something to prove. And will.

No one is even talking about Jurrion Dickey. 5* no. 2 WR in the country last year. 6’ 3” 210 Beast.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    46XiJCAB said:

dnc said:

NFL draft has Franklin one spot behind Rome. McMillan not even a top-10. No one in their right mind should have him over Franklin. He’s gonna ball out this year.

GB 7 catches and 128 yards 2-TD’s. Probably flips at least one more tim.

Johnson was ranked #14 of the top-50 portal WR’s. He probably sucks though.

Hutson had 44 catches. Guy makes clutch catches.

Holden and Bryant are the wildcards. Both with something to prove. And will.

No one is even talking about Jurrion Dickey. 5* no. 2 WR in the country last year. 6’ 3” 210 Beast.

Link?
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-top-returning-wide-receivers-2023

Notable Duck transfer made the list....now that he's at FSU

Are we done here?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sources said:

Are we done here?

Johnny Wilson was at ASU, not Oregon. You’re thinking of mycah Pittman. Who transferred to fsu and is now at Utah.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Sources said:

Are we done here?

Johnny Wilson was at ASU, not Oregon. You’re thinking of mycah Pittman. Who transferred to fsu and is now at Utah.
    Wilson committed to the Ducks before ASU. I didn't follow his recruitment and didn't realize he went to ASU instead. There are so many Duck transfers, you can understand my confusion
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sources said:

ntxduck said:

Sources said:

Are we done here?

Wilson committed to the Ducks before ASU. I didn't follow his recruitment and didn't realize he went to ASU instead. There are so many Duck transfers, you can understand my confusion
    You’re trying too hard
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    thechatch said:

Sources said:

ntxduck said:

Sources said:

Are we done here?

You’re trying too hard
    “Yeah I was wrong, but the fact I believed it says something doesn’t it?”

—every qtard on the internet
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Sources said:

ntxduck said:

Sources said:

Are we done here?

You’re trying too hard
    On the contrary, I'm hardly trying at all. Hence the lack of research