Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

1131415161719»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

Smoked my first Cuban cigar last week. Did my research before hand and found a swanky cigar lounge in the Bulgargi Hotel owned by the guy who owns Davidoff of London. I was too pour to pay 600 pounds for 2014 limited edition Cohiba but based on years of trusted advice from @Swaye I found a Trinidad for 78 pounds which was one of the best cigars I've had in my life. Obviously you pay a premium to buy a cigar to smoke in a lounge, but indoor throat cancer, is the best throat cancer.

Oh yeah, well I smoked a Backwoods HoneyBerry driving up Hwy 10 on Saturday.

And my cab still smells like it 3 days later.

Those things are over $1 per stick these days! Damnit.

So there!
    Moving to White Wakanda and joining a cuntry club necessitated my becoming more of a sophisticant.
    What's your middle of the night, too far from home and needing as smoke choice, then? Swisher? White Owl? AYC Grenadiers?

You gotta have a trailer-class cigar for the rough times. Which is it?
    watch it with the trailer talk - being a pro at trailers I happen to have a pouch of backwoods -
    Even trailer guys are allowed guilty pleasures.

Just axe @Swaye.

Smokeless Ashtray: Does such a thing actually exist for cigars?

I'll take your comments off-the-air. Thanx.

So, fuck Budweiser's Costco 36 pack for $26. Sapporo just took it's place in my rotation, and AB is out as well.

Found a Holmes cigar ashtray on Amazon for around $25 that actually works pretty well, except the fan clicks a little, which is annoying. If I find a better one, I'll poast about it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CigarConcierge in Seattle is run by someone with ties to the UW program and makes it easy for me to order shit and then not have to deal with anything beyond a PayPal button click.

They text me when they have really good stuff. I can keep beating off at my computer and still buy whatever.

I recommend them for modestly priced stuff.
    haie said:

They text me when they have really good stuff. I can keep beating off at my computer and still buy whatever.

You've done it. You've won the game of life.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, fuck Budweiser's Costco 36 pack for $26. Sapporo just took it's place in my rotation, and AB is out as well.

Found a Holmes cigar ashtray on Amazon for around $25 that actually works pretty well, except the fan clicks a little, which is annoying. If I find a better one, I'll poast about it.
    I love Bud Heavy, although it's second place to Coors Banquet as my pods @CfettersNachoLover and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover know well. But neither pair well with Cigars.

For cigars, it's:

1) Dark Rum

2a) Bourbon
    2b) Scotch

3) Faggy IPA or Pale Ale

Everything else is worthless unless you're a camel puller like @PurpleBaze in which case, covfefe is acceptable
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

I love Bud Heavy, although it's second place to Coors Banquet as my pods @CfettersNachoLover and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover know well. But neither pair well with Cigars.

For cigars, it's:

1) Dark Rum

2a) Bourbon
    2b) Scotch

3) Faggy IPA or Pale Ale

Everything else is worthless unless you're a camel puller like @PurpleBaze in which case, covfefe is acceptable
    Mmmmm…..scotch
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ordered some Oliva Serie V Churchill Extras a few weeks back from Fox. In the past I haven't really been able to get into the Oliva hype, but this was the #5 cigar of 2022 for CA so decided to take a flyer. Absolutely fantastic and will be buying more.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dudes still wear gaudy watches? F' me and my lack of fashion, watch culture....

Amazing throat cancer weather recently, might have to light off a cheap, no name cigar to get back in the swing. It's about time to blow the dust off my spring Chinook plunking gear and go sit down on the big river and smoke cigars while waiting on a salmon to cruise by.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Dudes still wear gaudy watches? F' me and my lack of fashion, watch culture....

Amazing throat cancer weather recently, might have to light off a cheap, no name cigar to get back in the swing. It's about time to blow the dust off my spring Chinook plunking gear and go sit down on the big river and smoke cigars while waiting on a salmon to cruise by.

My watch ain’t gaudy. It’s regular old stainless steel tool watch and all real men need a respectable watch.

Ordered some Oliva Serie V Churchill Extras a few weeks back from Fox. In the past I haven't really been able to get into the Oliva hype, but this was the #5 cigar of 2022 for CA so decided to take a flyer. Absolutely fantastic and will be buying more.

Watch band not chunky enough. All else is fire.
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's funny cause my watch bros here like @Doogles and @Swaye are always telling me the standard, modern Omega SMP bracelet - i.e., from James Bond Golden eye to the present - is too chunky.

That's funny cause my watch bros here like @Doogles and @Swaye are always telling me the standard, modern Omega SMP bracelet - i.e., from James Bond Golden eye to the present - is too chunky.

Chunk is all about the bling. Nothing to do with comfort, use or function.

The lifted 4x4 without any scratches of watch hierarchy.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2023

For cigars, it's:

1) Dark Rum

2a) Bourbon
    2b) Scotch

3) Faggy IPA or Pale Ale

German or Italian pilsner is a better palette cleanser before getting into second/next cigar.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

For cigars, it's:

1) Dark Rum

2a) Bourbon
    2b) Scotch

3) Faggy IPA or Pale Ale

German or Italian pilsner is a better palette cleanser before getting into second/next cigar.
    I could see this.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Throat cancer season is upon us in White Wakana and Yella has been going through sticks like Grant through Richmond. @dannarc I might need to give up the hunter gathering and become a civilized farmer like @Swaye.

Some recent smokes I've really enjoyed...

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/oliva-serie-v-churchill-extra-2022

Mentioned this one above but wanted to provide the CA review. I'm also not a Churchill guy...way too much stick for me. But these Serie V has lived up to their #5 Cigar of 2022 rating.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/24245/name/ashton-aged-maduro-no.-10-robusto

Have never been an Ashton guy but took a flyer on these #10 Maduros. Robustos are my favorite size of stick and these are rich in flavor while still being silky smooth. Some nice hints of shoe leather, cumin, lemon zest and avacado @Swaye
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,705
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lou has Cubans again

Pretty pricey for 5 packs
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lou has Cubans again

Pretty pricey for 5 packs

I blew through my 2023 Cuban cigar budget in London this past spring. They are going to have to remain an overseas novelty purchase for me.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    It's been trending on the hot side for the back patio here in Spudville. Looks like a little cool down coming through the 4th, upper 70's! Thinking about making an outdoor fire with some shitty pondo pine wood, kicking back with some clear 'shine, maybe a little apple pie and enjoying a nice evening with a decent smoke stick that I am in short supply of.

The wife brought me a Cuban from Mehico last yr, damn good
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam