Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LSU coach Brian Kelly tosses shade at Alabama while speaking to Tigers fans: 'I love beating Alabama

SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
LSU coach Brian Kelly finally got over the hump against Nick Saban and Alabama during Kelly's debut season with the Tigers in 2022. LSU's 32-31 overtime win against the Crimson Tide at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, last November marked Kelly's first triumph against Saban in three attempts, and it's an experience he still relishes.

Speaking to LSU supporters on Tuesday at the Touchdown Club of Houston, the second-year Tigers coach didn't hold back regarding the satisfaction accompanying his long-awaited victory over Saban and the Tide.

"I love the environment of a college stadium," Kelly told the Touchdown Club, per The Houston Chronicle. "I love coming out on that field. I love beating Alabama."

LSU's win against Saban and Co. in 2022 was its first victory in the series between the SEC West foes since 2019 and its first on home turf against the Tide since 2010. The outcome was pivotal in both the SEC West and College Football Playoff races, as LSU won the division and Alabama eventually missed the playoff field, landing at No. 5 in the final College Football Playoff Rankings.

I sense a REAL rivalry brewing here between two established coaches and one that is NOT from the ‘Saban tree’…very interesting and will get more interesting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-coach-brian-kelly-tosses-shade-at-alabama-while-speaking-to-tigers-fans-i-love-beating-alabama/

Comments