Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PAC 12, CU and Deion:

SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Deion Sanders' callous, rule-abiding eradication of Colorado's football roster a sign of what's to come

Go ahead and question Deion Sanders. From a 35,000-foot view high above the Flatirons, Coach Prime's mass flipping of the Colorado roster looks callous and reckless and wrong.

Your feelings are valid. Sanders' methods are questionable. They might also be brilliant. We'll see. Both can be true.

That's not the discussion, though. The player freedom that's been established -- what's at the heart of this issue -- is not going away. It's just a matter of how it is implemented.

Coaches can "cut" players. Coaches can be crass, cold-hearted and rude doing it, too.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/deion-sanders-callous-rule-abiding-eradication-of-colorados-football-roster-a-sign-of-whats-to-come/

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I doubt any other coach will be able to do what Sanders is doing at CU, but how well CU does this year will go a long way in defining how the portal will be used when hiring/retaining coaches
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

I doubt any other coach will be able to do what Sanders is doing at CU, but how well CU does this year will go a long way in defining how the portal will be used when hiring/retaining coaches

No doubt a copy/pasta..

These things are hard to work through if not a “regular”, which I’m not and must be hilarious to the resident homers. However I recognize this one. Congrats and Booyah
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2023
    For anyone that hasn’t seen this, This is Deion address to his new team. I saw it way back but don’t know if saw it here. So, I’m posting it here so anyone that hasn’t seen what he’s doing at CU can see. He hasn’t sugar coated nothing. After this speech, one would know several would leave. And he knew and expected this result. He’s inheriting a team that 1-11. So I would expect it. Max exodus. May not bode well THIS year, I wouldn’t expect it to. He’s tearing down the foundation and going to rebuild it back up. No way a coach can come in to a program that’s 1-11 and win the conference or maybe even bowl the next year. Here’s his speech to the team, for those who haven’t seen it. Whether you agree or not how he’s handling his new Gig:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgEhw-WF2OY
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club