Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Brown, 2021 4* LB, Lebanon (OR), (Offered 5/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    The only way he doesn’t end up a duck is if he wants playing time right away. Oregon is going to be stacked at LB.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Interesting tidbit. I don't know how it's voted on but he plays in the second highest classification in Oregon and he only made second team defense. That seems like tremendous under performance for the supposedly best player in the state.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We should ask the guy who coaches in the highest classification in a football state

best coach of my lifetime
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    whuggy said:

Interesting tidbit. I don't know how it's voted on but he plays in the second highest classification in Oregon and he only made second team defense. That seems like tremendous under performance for the supposedly best player in the state.

Yep. He's our? Smalls. And to be fair, there's been a lot of talk about this subject on both Oregon boards. Plenty of Oregon fans watch him and don't see him make any kind of difference despite actually being an excellent athlete.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ya Lebanon is pretty bumfuck. Plays in the same conference as Corvallis if that tells you anything. 2nd team is not a good showing for him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only way he doesn’t end up a duck is if he wants playing time right away. Oregon is going to be stacked at LB.

Forgot about this. Good point. Oregon will have a tough time keeping him because of that. He’s going to take visits.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

whuggy said:

Yep. He's our? Smalls. And to be fair, there's been a lot of talk about this subject on both Oregon boards. Plenty of Oregon fans watch him and don't see him make any kind of difference despite actually being an excellent athlete.
    You were first and write

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Who was the last highly rated Oregon kid who actually was a good college player, aside from lyerla? All I can think of are busts
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Molden was pretty good

I was only thinking of the 5* kids. Tyner, brown, the 5* TE from Eugene Oregon got way back who never even played a snap, Myles Wade, the DE who went to Ucla
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

Molden was pretty good

I was only thinking of the 5* kids. Tyner, brown, the 5* TE from Eugene Oregon got way back who never even played a snap, Myles Wade, the DE who went to Ucla
    The DE from UCLA plays in the NFL now he was like a mid round guy iirc
  • Options
    edited April 2023

ntxduck said:

Molden was pretty good

You’re thinking of his little brother (who was a 3*). Older brother (the 5*) was a mid round pick who washed out of the nfl fast. I also didn’t realize that their dad was a mass shooter and that the older brother had mental health issues over it (I’m guessing that was the cause of his documented issues), so that one is excusable
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wasn't Herbert on the five-star track until he broke his leg?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Wasn't Herbert on the five-star track until he broke his leg?

no
  • Options
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

Who was the last highly rated Oregon kid who actually was a good college player, aside from lyerla? All I can think of are busts

Hufanga
    Great call. Completely blanked on him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

dnc said:

ntxduck said:

Hufanga
    Great call. Completely blanked on him.
    He didn't go to Oregon or UW so he's easily forgettable
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

Molden was pretty good

The Tuipulotu brothers and Isaac Seumalo and Poyer though I don't think younger Marlon and Poyer were big recruits.