Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wazzu is nation’s third fastest shrinking fan base

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Saw this out. Auburn seems to be in the lead…
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    1) cal too low
    2) furd has fans?
    3) cuog has fans?
    4) SEC! SEC! SEC! stay winnin

1) cal too low
    2) furd has fans?
    3) cuog has fans?
    4) SEC! SEC! SEC! stay winnin

Them fucking SEC fans!!!!
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    @Sandra6 got to be so pissed to see rutgers gaining so many fans.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SECDAWG said:

Saw this out.

Wut?
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here are the biggest gainers:

edited April 2023

SECDAWG said:

Saw this out.

Wut?
    Saw it elsewhere.

….Excuse me, I also saw this article in several other venues, from forums to news…..

That better? Furk
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    All analysis is based on a nationwide survey of 6,330 sports fans in the U.S. conducted in January, 2023 by marketing research firm SBRnet.

This is some nice data bullshit. I mean for starters, claiming precisely that Auburn lost 945,599 fans. Not 945,600, not 945,598, 945,599 exactly.

There is some kind of extrapolation here to get to the numbers presented. Survey methodology is not shared; have to assume they did something like for sports fans in which college football is their favorite sport, or sports fans to identify their favorite CFB team. Only the 64 P5 teams plus Notre Dame are represented. Then some kind of multiplier on the number of fans is applied to the survey.

You can download the "data" which is really the results of whatever they came up with. It's starts off logical with tOSU, Michigan and Penn State as the top 3 fan bases.... and then Duke comes in at #4, with more than 5 FSU, 6 Bama, 7 Georgia, 8 UCLA (huh?) 9 ND and 10 Wisconsin.

Whatever, I've wasted enough of my brain on this now, but this type of shit takes off in the media because of the way in which it is presented. What actually changed YoY is their survey results because their process to assign number of fans is definitely way too basic of a model.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    whlinder said:

All analysis is based on a nationwide survey of 6,330 sports fans in the U.S. conducted in January, 2023 by marketing research firm SBRnet.

This is some nice data bullshit. I mean for starters, claiming precisely that Auburn lost 945,599 fans. Not 945,600, not 945,598, 945,599 exactly.

There is some kind of extrapolation here to get to the numbers presented. Survey methodology is not shared; have to assume they did something like for sports fans in which college football is their favorite sport, or sports fans to identify their favorite CFB team. Only the 64 P5 teams plus Notre Dame are represented. Then some kind of multiplier on the number of fans is applied to the survey.

You can download the "data" which is really the results of whatever they came up with. It's starts off logical with tOSU, Michigan and Penn State as the top 3 fan bases.... and then Duke comes in at #4, with more than 5 FSU, 6 Bama, 7 Georgia, 8 UCLA (huh?) 9 ND and 10 Wisconsin.

Whatever, I've wasted enough of my brain on this now, but this type of shit takes off in the media because of the way in which it is presented. What actually changed YoY is their survey results because their process to assign number of fans is definitely way too basic of a model.

TYFYS
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    Founders Club
    Sort of predictable when you sit down and think about it. People have instant access and gratification to everything now so being a front runner to a program that’s winning currently bodes well for said program. If it’s a perennial doormat or little brother to another program then what’s the point of riding it out?