Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Up 3-1 on Stanley Cup champs in their own shit hole.

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Maybe, just maybe, Seattle finally gets a pro franchise that is managed superbly.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Kraken will be up 2-1 after Game 3

Whoever wins Game 4 wins the series
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DPOTD

HANG THE BANNER
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would it be wrong of me to think being a Seattle nouveau hockey fan is just as bad a being a Seattle nouveau soccer fan?

I guess you could say NHL are the best players in the world as opposed to MLS.

But still, I have some concerns.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ll report back on the “playoff atmosphere” after I attend game 3. Right now I consider both fanbases to be identical collections of commie dipshits who know little about the sport. At least at the Sounders games I’ve been to it was loud, but that was several years ago.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Would it be wrong of me to think being a Seattle nouveau hockey fan is just as bad a being a Seattle nouveau soccer fan?

I guess you could say NHL are the best players in the world as opposed to MLS.

But still, I have some concerns.

I mean that's a huge difference

I’ll report back on the “playoff atmosphere” after I attend game 3. Right now I consider both fanbases to be identical collections of commie dipshits who know little about the sport. At least at the Sounders games I’ve been to it was loud, but that was several years ago.

There's a mix of very knowledgeable hockey fans in Seattle combined with a bunch of people that go to the games because it's the cool thing to do

That said the knowledge base is much better in Year 2 than it was in Year 1 ... I don't hear anymore the "the best part of a hockey game is seeing goals scored and I don't care who scores" like I heard last year

My guess is that most won't completely get the energy of playoff hockey immediately but it will come quickly ... few things in sports are better than going to a Stanley Cup Playoff game

I'm looking forward to Game 4
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023

Yeah, but the scarfs bro. Nothing sceams being a communist like scarftardery.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, but the scarfs bro. Nothing sceams being a communist like scarftardery.
    Nothing says critical thinking skills like wearing a winter scarf in July.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It takes time to develop a drug induced, Labatt Blue blacked out, no morals NHL fanbase. It's not microwave popcorn.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lol 2-0 in the 1st.

Abortion that Tampa even lost to Colorado last year. Probably don't if Point doesn't get cheap shotted by Toronto.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not a total loss losing tonight as getting the split was really the goal of the trip ... but being up 2-0 after 1 tonight brought being greedy into play

Good lesson for the Kraken as a group about how desperate you have to be in playoff hockey as the last 40 for Colorado tonight was effectively a Game 7 for them. The Kraken have a lot of players with deep playoff experience but as a group they haven't gone through it together yet and it showed at times.

On the whole, they are where you would have wanted them to be heading home and it's probably realistic to be thinking a split at home is likely.

Winning another game in Colorado is likely needed to win the series.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OKC would be a better hockey town

The Kraken could move to Oklahoma City and it wouldn't matter much to me. But that's just me

It's year two. They may still grow on you.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

The Kraken could move to Oklahoma City and it wouldn't matter much to me. But that's just me

In order to grow on me I would have to enjoy hockey, no?
    edited April 2023

dnc said:

Again, it's possible the game grows on you. Having an NHL team in town makes that far more likely than before, I would think. Somebody gives you free tickets, chick you're seeing is into it and has you watch with her, you get invited to a watch party during a playoff run - lots of ways you could end up getting pulled into it and liking the game.

Not saying you will, don't twist. You might not.

EWIWBI
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Again, it's possible the game grows on you. Having an NHL team in town makes that far more likely than before, I would think. Somebody gives you free tickets, chick you're seeing is into it and has you watch with her, you get invited to a watch party during a playoff run - lots of ways you could end up getting pulled into it and liking the game.

Not saying you will, don't twist. You might not.

EWIWBI
    In person, hockey is pretty fun. I used to go to Silvertips games all the time. Have also driven up to Vancouver for an NHL game in the past.

Hockey is a horrible tv sport and I think that's the barrier for me. Too expensive to go to games in person and half-impossible to watch on tv.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    The only hockey game I've been to was with my long lost buddy Glen O' Connor. Thunderbirds vs Tri-Cities, March 1990.