Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chuck's OFFICIAL Mariners Baby!, Opening Day Edition Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Have fun getting raped by Houston. Again.

Such a pleasant fella @haie
    The flavor of enthusiam for the Mariners recently is just a little too much. Predictably ownership didn't want to spend to get up to competig with the Astros. The Ohtani stuff is also bullshit. He's leaving LA but not for a team that's never even come close to a world series.

Last I checked they started 1-2 against the Cleveland Guardians.

Guardians.

Jesus fucking Christ. Pro sports can't stop finding new ways to be completely embarrassing.
    Houston didn't get where they are by throwing 10 year, $300 million, albatross contracts at 30 year olds. The Ms have tried to build the same way as Houston, and they are right there.

Last I looked the Guardians were/are a playoff team and it's one series. BFD.
    By all means, SodoMojo it up.

Couldn't pay me be in that part of Seattle watching those franchises. Kraken are also predicably unpopular. Seattle associates hockey culture with Nazism.

Huskies are holding it all down on poop island.
    None of that sodomojo shit or anything else you said means fuckall to me or has anything to do with being a fan.

UW, the place that hired RN, Gilby, Ty, Sark, Lake, and your favorite guy to hate, Petersen, hasn't held down or accomplished shit since before you were old enough to travel to a game but you still follow and keep hoping.
    Literally last season + 2016 (just being final 4) are better than anything the Mariners have accomplished since that magical season where they got shit stomped by the ugh...Guardians in the ALCS.

Tampa Bay Rays and me are having big belly laughs right now.
    Your standards are low when it comes to UW and I get it. You can only be civil toward the teams you choose to like and I get that too. It's all good.

The past is the past and I really don't care about it. Right now the Ms are in the midst of a good rebuild that has a better than average chance of working. Houston is the model and the team with the target on their back. I don't begrudge you wanting to talk shit. Ive hopped on a lot of bandwagons since my first one, the 1980 Royals, but the Ms are the home state franchise and will always have my attention.
    Of course I can talk shit about the Mariners. They are one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports. They made the playoffs last year, just like the Sacramento Kings will make it this year. Doesn't create a compelling case for them that their rebuild is a long term franchise change.

Not the same as the pros but what UW has done this last decade is much much better than the Mariners, and they are a far better use of one's money up to this point.

Like I said. Sodo it up. You gotta love these guys. There's no other sports going on in the summer.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    A compelling case? Who, besides you, is trying to make a compelling case about anything in this thread. It's a thread to follow and BS about the Ms and nothing more.

Sports teams aren't an investment and your premise about money is just as meaningful here as your mockery of the guardians. It's irrelevant.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

A compelling case? Who, besides you, is trying to make a compelling case about anything in this thread. It's a thread to follow and BS about the Ms and nothing more.

Sports teams aren't an investment and your premise about money is just as meaningful here as your mockery of the guardians. It's irrelevant.

How many minutes away is T-Mobile? Do your kids love it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

You attend a lot of games in Houston?

This is such a dumb discussion. You're like a blindfolded retard swatting at an imaginary pinata. Carry on if you want to, but it was stupid of me to bother engaging.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2023
    So start a thread about hating the mariners and leave this thread for those people that want to discuss the fun of baseball ~ in other words, to put it bluntly, stop hijacking the thread or GTFO.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2023
    Actual Baseball related comments:

As I told my son at the end of the season when they planned to use Robbie Ray in the playoffs, I angrily stated they should trade him for a bag of chipmonks.

Obviously, Im not a fan of his and If we are keeping him then I really hope I'm wrong. Thinking strategically, the guy does has a history of MLB success, but so far, Seattle seems to be a black hole location for him, so I'm in favor of picking up the phone while the jury is still out regarding his potential trade value and try to trade him and or a package containing him for value [a good bat?], assuming there is some interest out there. Just my two cents, and you may not agree ~ I acknowledge that guys that eat innings with a proven history of success are rare and I get that.

On another note, I love the fact that some MLB teams are already running wild with stolen bases ~ the transition to more offense is refreshing, and the increased emphasis on small ball talent qualities is a very interesting development to balance the love affair with the home run / power mentality. It will be interesting to see how much the balance of power in the league changes [if it does] as a result of the recent rule changes.

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2023
    Blindfolded retard trying to hit an imaginary pinata?

Triggered Chuck, best Chuck

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

This is such a dumb discussion. You're like a blindfolded retard swatting at an imaginary pinata. Carry on if you want to, but it was stupid of me to bother engaging.
    I attend a lot of games in Houston. 5 hour flight. Kids love it.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thud

The '85 Mariners started the season 6-0. Finished 74-88
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

I attend a lot of games in Houston. 5 hour flight. Kids love it.
    Being an Astros fan in Vancouver, WA is somehow worse than me being a Cowboys fan in Kitsap County.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    M's started 2-4 last year, and were 18-32 near the 1/3 point of the season.

Not saying this year's team will make the playoffs playing the way they are, don't twist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When does the inevitable 14 game and 25-4 streak begin? I won't bump this again until then. Hopefully it's still on page one and still the 2020s when it happens.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I had to look up the record

8-11

About what I expected...
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It’s awfully cold for September…