Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We always lose to Cal (aka Official 2023 Rowboat Season Thread)

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm guessing CAL wins the V8+ race by a length or more. They are the #1 ranked team in the country at present.

I will be heading down on May 14th to Pac 12's at Dexter Lake to watch the rematch.

Fuck Mother's Day.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm guessing CAL wins the V8+ race by a length or more. They are the #1 ranked team in the country at present.

I will be heading down on May 14th to Pac 12's at Dexter Lake to watch the rematch.

Fuck Mother's Day.

Disappointed in such loser talk from you
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    Founders Club

Fuck Mothers.

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FREE PUB!!! to any user to get a picture of Cohen in her She Will Win T shirt celebrating Title IX on Saturday.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye's Wigwam

Uncle Ky!

The conveniently leave out the part about Ky being a "Dwag" who was sent down to their to CAL to save their program.

I've only been in the Old Boathouse, but the new one looks like a pretty amazing facility even though Oakland is a cool fucking city, man.
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2023

Fuck Mother's Day.

If we're being truly objective in our row boat hawt talk, we have to accept the CAL is very much on the Mt Rushmore of College Rowing in the US. We are slightly ahead of them in Natties, but just barely (it's like 1 or 2). Some years they are just going to be faster than an us and we're in one of those cycles right now.

There's no shame in losing to a GOOD California crew. Shit, I've lost to them 3 times and beat them 3 times in my illustrious row peter puffer career.

Men’s rowing Mt Rushmore is very clearly Washington, Cal and Harvard. I would have to consult the record books to decide between Yale and Princeton.

ETA: well fuck me, I forgot Princeton sucked for a long time and that Cornell was good at rowing in the early 1900s. I’m giving #4 to Yale over Cornell since Cornell hasn’t done shit in 40 years.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

We ?

@whlinder was a row peter puffer. Technically the (we) question mark is not required.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, I'm pretty sure our stroke - she's an insanely fit Ausie chick - is on the juice.

Most gunned out female rower I've every seen at UW.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    Founders Club

Fuck Mother's Day.

If we're being truly objective in our row boat hawt talk, we have to accept the CAL is very much on the Mt Rushmore of College Rowing in the US. We are slightly ahead of them in Natties, but just barely (it's like 1 or 2). Some years they are just going to be faster than an us and we're in one of those cycles right now.

There's no shame in losing to a GOOD California crew. Shit, I've lost to them 3 times and beat them 3 times in my illustrious row peter puffer career.

Yeah, but still
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck Mother's Day.

Yeah, but still
    Rowboat doesn't have as many up sets as football @JoeEDangerously . This CAL team is stacked.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Fuck Mother's Day.

Men’s rowing Mt Rushmore is very clearly Washington, Cal and Harvard. I would have to consult the record books to decide between Yale and Princeton.

ETA: well fuck me, I forgot Princeton sucked for a long time and that Cornell was good at rowing in the early 1900s. I’m giving #4 to Yale over Cornell since Cornell hasn’t done shit in 40 years.
    Also Yale is the clear #2 all time at Eastern Sprints.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Sprints

Washington
    Harvard
    Yale
    Cal

That’s the official Mt Rushmore

Swaye's Wigwam
    We’ll I was right and Cal won. But only by a few seconds so I’m saying there’s still a chance to catch them later this season.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:
    It’s gonna be great to get a rematch at the Dexter Lake club.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

We’ll I was right and Cal won. But only by a few seconds so I’m saying there’s still a chance to catch them later this season.

Mountlake classy tweet.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mountlake classy tweet.
    Rep the North!
    Standard Supporter
    We’re still losing to Cal, but at least it’s close?

What’s Sark’s stupid quote, the scoreboard wasn’t indicative of the team performance?

Like Yella said, these things happen, Cal is a really good progrum too. But it would have been nice to Natty the same year that the Boys in the Boat movie is released.