Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 discusses 'small package' of games with The CW as it competes with major leagues for TV $$$

SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
The latest news in realignment is magic. That is if you believe "Chris Angel's Magic With The Stars" is a proper lead-in to major college football. That's the kind of foundational programming featured on The CW, a broadcast network that specializes in ratings giants such as "World's Funniest Animals" and "The Goes Wrong Show."

The CW has been in discussions with the Pac-12 as a linear partner in the league's much scrutinized new media rights deal, multiple sources confirm to CBS Sports. However, sources also say those discussions were weeks ago and only regarding what was described as a "small package" of games.

A 10-team Pac-12 has about 65-70 games per year to sell. Nearly nine months news broke of USC and UCLA leaving for the Big Ten, the conference hasn't been able to find a buyer or buyers.

"It's just not a market to be a seller of major college sports rights at this particular moment," said Patrick Crakes, a programming expert, media consultant and former senior vice president with Fox Sports.

That doesn't necessarily mean a deal won't get done, but a lingering question remains: Who is going to carry Pac-12 games beginning in 2024? And that begs an even bigger question: What kind of deal can the league get?

CBS Sports previously reported the wait could be months.

Media consultant Jim Williams told CBS Sports last week he was high on The CW as well as ION as broadcast options for the Pac-12. The Athletic reported "recent discussions" between the Pac-12 and The CW.

The CW owns stations in Chicago, New York, Dallas and Tampa Bay -- key areas beyond the West Coast where the Pac-12 could have penetration. The Pac-12 would also have the advantage of being able to produce those games. The league has the infrastructure left over from the Pac-12 Networks, which is expected to cease operations when the current deal expires in 2024.

"Basically, they have fiber optics at every one of those campuses," Williams said. "They're wired already. The ability to produce these games is a huge advantage the conference has in negotiating any deal.

"That's a huge benefit for whoever it is. If you're CW or ION or any combination of the two, the fact you don't have to send a production team to wherever is a huge plus."

More:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/pac-12-discusses-small-package-of-games-with-the-cw-as-it-competes-with-major-leagues-for-tv-dollars/

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    edited April 2023

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

No idea what y’all’s (conference) is what going to do.

Loser programs? Y’all have to “stream”?

Other parties realize the gig is up and move out?

“Realignment” is a good thing? A bad thing?

Who is going to show the World of college football the PAC is SERIOUS about sports to everyone in the nation…especially football…
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    SECDAWG said:

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

Who is going to show the World of college football the PAC is SERIOUS about sports to everyone in the nation…especially football…
    Well, I would say that at least two of the remaining schools in the conference are paying their staffs a nationally relevant amount of money. Even Utah is probably paying a decent amount. They have multiple NIL programs and UW specifically does shit that makes sense like, you know, pay guys who are proven on the field. Develop guys like Martin who Tamu fucked up initially. Kept their OC from going to Tuscaloosa.

Oregon State and Washington State are trying as best they can with their resources and their last outside coaching hires were good in Smith and Rolovich.

Cal and Stanford are tough but then again SEC has Vanderbilt.

The issue is 3/4 corners schools that the big 12 dipshits covet: they are all shitty football programs that make shitty hires. Combined 3 conference championship appearances in 12 years, and none of them were competitive in the game. Prime and Dillingham will be mediocre at best. Arizona with Fisch? JFC, replace them with SDSU yesterday.

SEC has plenty of shitty programs who will never do anything. I wouldn't consider them 'serious' schools.
    edited April 2023
    haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

Well, I would say that at least two of the remaining schools in the conference are paying their staffs a nationally relevant amount of money. Even Utah is probably paying a decent amount. They have multiple NIL programs and UW specifically does shit that makes sense like, you know, pay guys who are proven on the field. Develop guys like Martin who Tamu fucked up initially. Kept their OC from going to Tuscaloosa.

Oregon State and Washington State are trying as best they can with their resources and their last outside coaching hires were good in Smith and Rolovich.

The issue is 3/4 corners schools that the big 12 dipshits covet: they are all shitty football programs that make shitty hires. Combined 3 conference championship appearances in 12 years, and none of them were competitive in the game. Prime and Dillingham will be mediocre at best. Arizona with Fisch? JFC, replace them with SDSU yesterday.

SEC has plenty of shitty programs who will never do anything. I wouldn't consider them 'serious' schools.

Let’s not bring any “Shitty SEC” schools to this. Not only could you be talking about but are they poor???

Guess we may be saying maybe….. Vandy!!! Those guts that won a NCS in baseball and May be one of the “richest” schools in the SEC(ohhh, minus football). Let’s leave them out, ehh, they don’t count.,,

We do know here LSU women won the NCS in basketball this year, ehh? 👎 right???

We do know here GA won the NCS in football this past year,and maybe the year before in football , ehh???(and the last 4 NCS came from
    The SEC).????

We do know Ole Miss won the last NCS in baseball in 2022, ehhhh???

We do know, right here and now, MS St won THE National Championship in 2021 baseball, ehhhh,,???

Fukn list goes on and on,,

SEC has won like the last 13 of last 20 NCS in football(mostly what most of us care about) many Baseball Championships, etc.,,

I don’t really understand this arguement with dumbass fucksticks that can’t grasp this fact

Actually, to me, ANYONE who regards the SEC in a bad light in ANYWAY, is not only a dumbass right off the bat, but a jealous bitch
    SECDAWG said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

Let’s not bring any “Shitty SEC” schools to this. Not only could you be talking about but are they poor???

Guess we may be saying maybe….. Vandy!!! Those guts that won a NCS in baseball and May be one of the “richest” schools in the SEC(ohhh, minus football). Let’s leave them out, ehh, they don’t count.,,

We do know here GA won the NCS in football this past year,and maybe the year before in football , ehh???(and the last 4 NCS came from
    The SEC).????

We do know, right here and now, MS St won THE National Championship in 2021 baseball, ehhhh,,???

Fukn list goes on and on,, SC womens Basketball ball, MSU, LSU football, Florida Track and Field, etc..FK

SEC has won like the last 13 of last 20 NCS in football(mostly what most of us care about) many Baseball Championships, etc.,,

I don’t really understand this arguement with dumbass fucksticks that can’t grasp this fact

Actually, to me, ANYONE who regards the SEC in a bad light in ANYWAY, is not only a dumbass right off the bat, but a jealous bitch
    edited April 2023
    Well, I “quoted” it instead of finding the little chicken shit turn wheel in upper right quarter to fucking “edit”… nothing in the tap what you did, deal, a little piece of shit wheel upper right hand quarter.. It don’t say shit, nothing, not a fucking thing..but that is YOUR “edit”…little fucking starry thingy. It don’t say edit…you just have to figure this shit out..

Now, look for delete..good gatdamn luck. We haven’t been passed edit, there is no edit, unless you actually know this litle pos in upper right hand corner represents that.., best part is, it’s for like, a short limited amount of time..like, seconds, minutes, who the fk knows???shit..

Bout as fucked up posting as one man can post without posting fucked up posting and getting fucked on posting and at least one posting man can get posted not to mentioned fucked from posting…

Fuck
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

The SEC).????

Oregon State won the NCS in baseball. So what? UW won a NCS in golf. Again, so what? I thought Haie's post was really good until the final sentence where he was dumping on the SEC, but pointing to titles in other sports is so very Cuog.
    edited April 2023
    Well, what you said is relevant. Except in volume.

We are talking last championship across the board in many sports not only in last several years, but Many years.

If I really have to explain this, I’ll ask, what makes the SEC better across the board since at least 2000??

Most in America would say the SEC has been better in major collegiate sports across the board, especially the last decade but goes beyond.,,

However, like some, you ask different??

Last decade in at least football, baseball?

Why are people hating on the SEC? They rekill Someone? Waving a flag many don’t like??

Hint, IDTS

Just for a walk on the beach, the SEC has won like the last 13 of last 2O NCS in football.. one conference. And had won the last 4, from one conference. That’s called domination, like it or not.

Baseball ain’t far off that, but is a little lesser concern here than pigskin.
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

We are talking last championship across the board in many sports not only in last several years, but Many years.

If I really have to explain this, I’ll ask, what makes the SEC better across the board since at least 2000??

Most in America would say the SEC has been better in major collegiate sports across the board, especially the last decade but goes beyond.,,

Why are people hating on the SEC? They rekill Someone? Waving a flag many don’t like??

Hint, IDTS

Just for a walk on the beach, the SEC has won like the last 13 of last 2O NCS in football.. one conference. And had won the last 4, from one conference. That’s called domination, like it or not.

I've never hated on the SEC. Its record speaks for itself
    edited April 2023

SECDAWG said:

Hint, IDTS

I've never hated on the SEC. Its record speaks for itself
    Well, at least you are a rational soul.

Speaking for yourself, WA had their chance…In
    At least one game…. As I’ve said before, most here saw and respect the game..,

However, there’s many other programs out there that has received far worse and are joining this league and are no where near as humble/respectful.. and the thing is, those teams have been beat far worse, far…and multiple times ,, and talk shit. Oklahoma especially. I know WA ain’t OU or TX but by damn; WA is respectable and respectful, even for west coast lib fucks.,

OU??? Naw. TX is actually humble, worried. And they should be, no doubt. Neither will com in beating Arkansas Hogs, Ole Miss at home, MS St, LSU, Auburn, AlAbama, ect out of the west of the SEC,,, no one in the country can week in and week out. Time they go through every one them guysms, they won’t have anyone left,,,,,

Anyway, da Sooners think they about to run roughshod through the SEC minus Bama and GA. Well, that’s the last 2 games, maybe. Have to play Everyone else, LSU, ArKAnsas, Texas, Auburn, ole miss, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Bama, et al before that can happen, they just don’t get they ain’t playing Kansas and Texas tech no more…
    Guess what I’m saying, is there’s More to what I’m saying.

A lot more going on here with shit than here. By far.

Y’all just seeing a small sample of it.

I’d link some shit here that’s ongoing, heavily, on other forums like SECRANT Or other forums that would bring a lot of this and posters in the mix of stuff, however, DAWG(not DAWGS) are any part of.

I’m til y’all want me to
    Link em.

Until then, find it
    And Hattiesburg way >>>>than Fukn Laurel, unless buying a SXS
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    SECDAWG said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Thanks pod!

No prob, Pod.

The SEC).????

DELETE

We're taking football here, fuck women's basketball and baseball.

"At least we're rich" is the kind of shit Michigan State fans were saying after getting blasted in Husky Stadium this year. They aren't rich if course, their dumb ass AD that gave Mel Tucker a lifetime contract is.

What has Mississippi State's money gotten them? You took Leach from the poorest AD in the Pac 12? And in my opinion, you didn't get Leach because of money, you got him because Pullman is remote and because he was burned out on the Pac 12 North.

UW took your starting running back and had bulldog hicks cussing him out on Twitter.

So yeah we are bringing shitty SEC schools in here because they don't move the needle until Bama/Georgia is in town or I guess the Egg bowl which I personally don't care how bad Kiffin beats your ass in that.
    edited April 2023
    We can talk MS St who won the NCS in baseball 2 year ago or the many NCS by the SEC in all
    Sports.

Name yer poison.

I refuse to acknowledge Ole Miss winning the NCS in baseball last year. They walked over our Eagles. And May have YOUR Huskies.

Did YOUR Huskies play em?

My Eagles did in a regional.

DiD YOUR Huskies play GA Dawgs in a playoff?

Did YOUR Huskies play?? Oklahoma in a baseball championship?

Did YOUR Huskies play xyz in____??

Motto here: DID YOUR Huskies play________????

NM

I Know who did on all fronts. Nen were Washington Huskies…or anyone from west coast…nen

Nen=Zero
    edited April 2023
    Let’s shit on any of our Dawgs…or Rebs here.

GA Dawgs have won last 2 football NCS
    MS ST DAWGS won 2021 Baseball NCS
    Ole Miss Rebs won 2022 NCS Baseball NCS

What’s not to like? Here? What is here to shit on??

Bet someone will find something nothing Husky or
    Anti souf.
    Founders Club

Delete

Hear ya.

Agree.

However, try and do it. Papa!!!

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Let’s shit on any of our Dawgs…or Rebs here.

GA Dawgs have won last 2 football NCS
    MS ST DAWGS won 2021 Baseball NCS
    Ole Miss Rebs won 2022 NCS Baseball NCS

What’s not to like? Here? What is here to shit on??

Bet someone will find something nothing Husky or
    Anti souf.

Let me help you out, fren.

NOGAF about college baseball. NOGAF about women's basketball.

Waving the flag for the SEC conference when your school does nothing to raise the profile of it is pathetic.

UW football would beat Mississippi State by 20+ on a neutral field. 30 at home. 10 at whatever swamp they drain to play the games in Hattiesburg or wherever it is.
    edited April 2023
    Well, you should be a troop here.

Not many around da Souf East Souf Gives a Fuk about gymnastics,
    Hockey/dart throwing either…

Washington football did good to beat loley USM. Let’s not get stoopid wanting MS
    St, Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, Bama or anyone around me
    Here.

I’m just sitting in the pine belt in my garage wishing you guys could get your chance, again, like many others….They played Bama once or threee and perhaps Auburn a time

Let’s Not up the beer fest with GA or the like no time soon…guess that what I was saying…

Or either be careful what you wish for..WA wanted Bama in 193 something once. Got em again in 2016…

They can get GA next year if ya want? Gotta go thru MS St, Ole
    Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Texas ATM,’Auburn and Bama to get there..howd that be???

THEN they can play GA..and get the brakes beat off em…

My point? Bout what TX and OU is about to have to do, not USM. Which ain’t no slouch.

You a lobbyist?

Lobby for that. Or either win the lowly PAC and play the the one or other SEC champ on either side..

Hell, just man up with f Florida or Tennessee and just go from
    there..

May lead Washington ALL
    The way. Should bode well…